𝐓𝐖𝐎. 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘺 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘱𝘴

🍯🎻📜 | 𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐲𝐦𝐨𝐨𝐧 𝐟𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐬.

CHAPTER TWO
the way time stops

✧∘ଂ ࿐ ཾ

     IF asked, Lucienne would not admit this, but she woke up wondering when she would get to see Colin. It was a thought that hit her before she even had the chance to think about pushing it away. However, she did not think that she would have pushed it away if she actually had the choice.

     And that was the thought that scared her.

     She had only spoken to him two times, both of which were not the longest of encounters, and he was already making her feel a way that she never experienced before. It was a feeling that she was both confused and excited by.

     It made her wonder if she actually loathed the thought of love as she always perceived she did, or if she had simply never met the person that could make her feel differently. Until Colin.

     Lucienne sighed and decided not to delve deeper into that thought. Instead, she busied herself with rearranging a few of the messily strewn about instruments as Madame Westwood tended to a couple who were attempting to buy a first piano for their child.

     Lucienne's small task took no longer than five minutes, so she mindlessly held a random flute that lay around while she went through the short piano sonata she would have to play a bit later in the afternoon at her music class. Her mind was so stuck on the notes of Bach's Goldberg Variations that she barely even noticed Colin walk into the shop.

     He greeted her with a small smile. "I hope you received my note from the evening prior."

     "I did," Lucienne was quick to nod. "And I find it quite hard to believe that you are not here to retrieve yet another violin for one of your siblings."

     "I promise I am not. I may have many siblings, but actually, only quite few of them are greatly interested in music," Colin answered, chuckling lightly.

     "Okay," Lucienne responded and then smiled. "Then, what do I owe the pleasure of seeing you this morning? Your note made it seem as if the subject was something of the utmost importance."

     Colin shyly looked away for a moment and then caught her eye once again. "I was hoping that I could take you out, Lucienne."

     For a long moment, no words formed on her tongue. Mainly because Lucienne had absolutely no idea how she wanted to answer his inquiry, her mind and heart felt supremely conflicted and on opposite ends of a spectrum, both seemingly having personalities of their own.

     Her and Colin's light flirtatious comments were one thing, but an actual date was something on an entirely different page. As much as she did enjoy the feelings that simply the thought of Colin would bring her, she also wanted to keep her top priority while in Italy in mind; writing.

     However, who said she could not have both? As long as the time she spent with Colin did not interfere with her classes or go past the time either of them would be in Italy, everything would be perfectly fine, and there would be no substantial adjustments made to her overall plan.

     "I know of the perfect place we can go to," Lucienne finally answered his offer. "I have some things to do in the afternoon, but come by here again later, at half-past five."

     The wide grin that broke out on Colin's face was almost immediate, and the sight of it made Lucienne's heart scream in her chest. Neither of them necessarily wanted to break ways right then, but with a few quiet mutters of goodbye, they did, but not before promising to see each other again later.

.·。.·゜✭·.·✫·゜·。.

     Time seemed to move exponentially slow while Lucienne was in her music class. She performed her prior selected piano piece, receiving well feedback from her teacher, Madame Rossi, and then it was as if time stopped. As the other students in the seemingly small class played their solos, the both positive and negative remarks Madame Rossi would give them felt as if it lasted hours upon hours.

     Usually, Lucienne did not mind how in-depth her music teacher could be at times because she knew that she simply had the student's best interest at heart. However, right then, the golden-haired girl wanted nothing more than for the class to end, her mind solely stuck on the fact that she would have Colin in her presence again soon.

     When the clock struck five, indicating the conclusion of class, Lucienne was quick to make her way back to the shop, hoping to get there sooner rather than later so that she could make herself look a bit nicer before her date. What she did not expect to see upon walking up to the entrance of the music shop was Colin, fifteen minutes before their scheduled meeting time. Her heart involuntarily swelled at the sight of him. He was both quickly and effortlessly making her fall deeper and deeper into this love shaped hole.

     "I did not want to be late," Colin said when she approached him.

     Lucienne smiled at that. "Give me five minutes."

     When she was met with a nod in response, she headed to her room located above the shop. Lucienne looked in the mirror next to the door and nodded happily at the sight of herself since she did not look too unkempt. She smoothed down a few messily strewn about pieces of hair and slightly adjusted the yellow dress she was wearing so that it shaped her silhouette in a much better way. Once she decided that she looked fine, she exited her room, but not before grabbing a nicely sized woven basket she had and folding up a blanket to place inside of it.

     "Can I ask about the place you are taking me to?" Colin inquired when Lucienne met him back outside the shop, and they began heading toward a bakery that had the best treats in town. However, he was yet to know that since Lucienne was the one leading the way. "And also, should not I be the one to make the plans of where we go since I asked you out?"

     Lucienne nonchalantly shrugged, the tiniest hint of a smile on her face. "I decided to change the rules a bit. And sorry, but you cannot ask about the place. But, I will say that it will all start to make sense fairly soon."

     "So, I am guessing that I also cannot ask about what's in the basket you carry?" Colin questioned, and when the golden-haired girl responded with nothing but a shake of her head, he chuckled. Lucienne silently admired the way his mouth happily curled upward when he laughed; it was something she wanted to keep note of forever.

     The kinds of feelings that were swirling throughout her heart felt daunting to her, solely because she had never even come close to feeling that way about someone before. No man that she talked to or one who her parents attempted to set her up with had ever made her feel anything other disdain; her heart was completely closed off to them. She did not know whether she should be worried or happy about Colin making his way in so easily. At that moment, Lucienne could not lie; she felt happy about it.

━━━ jasmine's junk drawer!
hope you guys enjoyed
this chapter!

also thanks for all the
support so far on this fic 🥺