𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄. 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘰𝘸 𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘰𝘱 𝘰𝘧 𝘢 𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘦𝘯𝘵

🍯🎻📜 | 𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐲𝐦𝐨𝐨𝐧 𝐟𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐬.

CHAPTER FIVE❛ the bow on top of a present ❜

CHAPTER FIVE
the bow on top of a present

✧∘ଂ ࿐ ཾ

     FOR as long as Lucienne had been in Italy, she had not yet been to the Olympic Theater, a popular Opera theater in the area of Rome. It had always intrigued her, mainly how stunning the large building looked from the outside, but she had never stepped foot inside because tickets for any show were always quite expensive and typically sold out.

     Tonight was different, though, because right then, she was in front of the theater, finally walking inside of it with Colin's hand in hers.

     "How did you manage to get these tickets?" She asked him softly as they headed to their seats, which were in one of the balcony areas.

     "I have a few friends that were able to give me a hand," Colin answered with a small smile. "Since you're studying music, I thought you would quite enjoy coming to an Opera show."

     Lucienne smiled in return and gave his hand a light squeeze as a way to show her gratitude for his thoughtfulness. Even though music was not her biggest passion in life, she still absolutely adored it.

     When they made it to their seats, they lightly joked around with one another until the show began. There was a smile etched on Lucienne's face practically the entire performance, mainly because of how amazing the singing and orchestra were, but also because of how her and Colin's hands never parted once during the entirety of the show. A few times, she had noticed Colin glancing at her as if to make sure she was enjoying everything, and when he would see how happy she looked, he would smile as well. It was a small gesture, but Lucienne loved it all the same.

     "I cannot believe how great that was," Lucienne stated when the show ended, and the entire theater was raining in applause. She made sure to lean in close toward Colin so that he could hear her well. "Perhaps the best thing I have ever seen."

     "I am happy that you enjoyed it," Colin told her, clapping as well.

     Once the well-deserved applause subsided, the pair began to make their way out. Lucienne took one final longing look at the stage and the decorum of the theater, truly savoring the sight of everything because she did not know of the next time she would be inside of the beautiful place.

     When they made it outside, Colin began leading them in the direction of their carriage; however, Lucienne was quick to stop him.

     "I know the carriage is great and all, but what are your thoughts on walking back? The music shop is not too far of a walk, and it is quite a beautiful night out," The golden-haired girl did not know exactly why she asked that or what made her come up with that thought. Maybe it was because being in the carriage reminded her of the fact that she and Colin were actually quite different from one another. Or perhaps it was because she was simply just used to walking pretty much everywhere, and she actually enjoyed it. But either way, she stood by the suggestion she made.