𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑. 𝘢 𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘭𝘺 𝘱𝘶𝘻𝘻𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘦

🍯🎻📜 | 𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐲𝐦𝐨𝐨𝐧 𝐟𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐬.

CHAPTER FOUR❛ a truly puzzling creature ❜

CHAPTER FOUR
a truly puzzling creature

✧∘ଂ ࿐ ཾ

LUCIENNE was so lost in the pages of the poetry book she was reading that she barely heard the question that spilled from Elizabeth's lips. The only thing she heard from her friend was Colin's name stated at the end of her inquiry.

"I'm sorry, what did you say?" Lucienne asked her brunette friend, looking up at her as well. They were in the music shop, standing next to each other at the front counter. It was quite a slow day, so there was no one else in the small shop except for them. 

"I said you must tell me everything of your date with Colin yesterday," Elizabeth told her as she lightly grabbed the book from Lucienne's hold, closing it shut.

"It went quite well. He is a very amazing person," Lucienne answered, giving a small smile. Right then, she did not necessarily want to think about the date; what she really wanted to do was simply read.

Elizabeth looked at the girl curiously. "You do not sound all too excited talking about it."

"The ending of the date was quite," Lucienne paused for a moment, thinking of the best word to say. "Peculiar."

"Oh no, please don't tell me he tried to shove his tongue down your throat," Elizabeth said, a look of disgust written across her face.

Lucienne laughed a bit. "Quite the opposite, actually. I thought we were going to kiss, but then he pulled back and said it would be improper."

"Oh, he's a gentleman," Elizabeth sighed. "That quite honestly makes sense. Many of those high society men and women do things like that. While courting, they barely even touch each other. All of that is put off until they're married."

"Married?" The shock in Lucienne's was quite clear. It was not all too surprising that she did not know much of the inner workings of high society life since she grew up in a small town that was far from being considered "high-class."

"Marriage is the last thing I am thinking about with him," She said quite quickly. "Not that I do not have feelings for him, because I do, it is just that the thought of marriage is still not what I want to ponder yet."

"So, you should voice that to him," Elizabeth told her as she tucked a small piece of her brown hair behind her ear. "Let him know that he is quite far from England, and he does not need to follow those rules he has known all his life, down to a tee here. The idea of marriage does not have to be at the forefront of whatever you two pursue with one another."