Part 26 • Hoseok

Thursday, June 18
Gongdeok-dong, Seoul
4:12pm
Hoseok

It's been two days since Y/n and Hoseok had their pre-date date and Hoseok didn't forget their little agreement. But, how could he when the only thing keeping him from going on a date with Y/n was him making up with Jimin.

Seemed easy enough, right?

Well, that's what he was thinking but it was made substantially more difficult because whenever Jimin saw Hoseok, Jimin would turn around and run the other way - not even letting Hoseok utter a single syllable. Hoseok was beginning to feel dejected.

Hoseok was in the process of cleaning up his studio after his classes and he knew that Jimin would be staying late to practise so he figured this would be an ideal time to speak to him. After Hoseok wiped down all the surfaces and put the broom away, he made his way to Jimin's studio.

However, Hoseok was surprised to see Jimin's studio was clean, empty and dark.

Great, just great.

Hoseok checked the time on his phone and saw the time and groaned. He was supposed to meet Y/n at Perfect Blend for coffee and tutoring. Namjoon was becoming swamped with finals and projects which was completely understandable considering how he was at one of the most prestigious universities in Seoul.

Hoseok considered himself to be a bit of an opportunist, so when Y/n expressed that she would be disappointed to miss out on her Korean lessons, Hoseok offered to take up Namjoon's place as her tutor.

Although he wasn't extremely fluent in English, he felt comfortable enough to be able to help Y/n stumble her way through Korean. Besides, this was another excuse to hang out with Y/n before going on an actual date with her, and he gets to be her hero too? As far as Hoseok was concerned, this was killing two birds with one stone.

Hoseok huffed before he grabbed his belongings from his locker and locked up the studio before heading to the train station, plotting how to get Jimin to finally talk to him.

Calling and texting was out of the question - he tried multiple times but every time, he was left on read and the call went straight to voicemail.

He thought and contemplated the entire train ride, and trek over to Perfect Blend, and even as he saw Y/n waiting patiently for him with a gorgeous smile on her face, all he could think about was Jimin.

"Hey, you okay?" Y/n asked immediately as Hoseok sat down, and she pushed a latte towards him. He gave her a small smile, but couldn't muster anything more than that.

"Yeah, I'm fine." He responded, but she gave him a look that told him that she wasn't buying it. He chuckled and ran his fingers through his hair. He didn't miss the way she stared at him while he did that. "I haven't been able to talk to Jimin." Hoseok explained and Y/n nodded her head thoughtfully.

"Haven't, or haven't tried?" She asked and Hoseok drank some of the latte.

"Oh, I've tried but he's avoiding me like the plague. He isn't answering my calls or texts, I barely even see him at the studio. It feels like I'm never going to make up with Jimin." Hoseok said dejectedly and Y/n sighed and gently placed her hand over his. Although he was being pouty, that simple gesture from Y/n was enough to make him blush and smile.

"Well, now might be the perfect opportunity for you to make up with Jimin." Y/n said and Hoseok looked at her with a confused look on his face. What the fuck did she mean by that? "Hey! Jimin! Over here! Hoseok wants to talk to you!" Y/n shouted, and Hoseok glanced over his shoulder and there was Jimin, looking like a deer caught in headlights.

Hoseok turned his head to Y/n quickly with wide eyes and saw her packing up her stuff. "What the heck are you doing?" Hoseok asked frantically, and Y/n smiled as she put her bag over her shoulder.

"Look Hoseok, I really like you." She said and Hoseok blushed hard and he felt his heartbeat increase at that simple phrase. "But, I would like to go on a date with you before the end of the year, and it doesn't look like that will happen by your pace. So, I'm taking matters into my own hands. Hope you don't mind." She said before turning around and walking to the bar to sit by Jin.

She looked expectantly at Jimin and both Hoseok and Jimin knew that the look on her face meant 'talk. now.' so Jimin sheepishly made his way over to Hoseok, and pulled out the chair across from Hoseok and sat down.

"Hi." Jimin muttered and he locked his fingers together in his lap and effectively avoided all eye contact with Hoseok.

But, at least Jimin was in front of Hoseok and actually said one word, so progress he guessed.

"Uh, hey." Hoseok responded and all the things he had planned to say for the last two days suddenly disappeared out of his mind and all he could focus on was how awkward things were. "How uh, how've you been?" Hoseok asked, dying to kill the awkward tension. Besides, he could feel Y/n and Jin staring at the two of them - waiting for them to reconcile.

"I've been alright." Jimin said quietly, still not looking at Hoseok. Hoseok glanced over Jimin's shoulder and Y/n was making frantic hand motions, as if telling him to keep going. Hoseok sighed and cleared his throat.

"Look Jimin, I'm sorry." Hoseok said, and that seemed to get Jimin's attention. Jimin looked up at Hoseok with wide eyes and his jaw was dropped, obviously in shock.

"What?" He gasped and Hoseok glanced back over at Y/n and Jin, both who had smiles on their face. Y/n nodded at Hoseok in encouragement, and Hoseok continued.

"I treated you like trash on Monday, and it's been eating me up since you left. I know you were just trying to help, and I overreacted. So, I'm sorry." Hoseok said and he took a deep breath, feeling relieved to finally say what's been gnawing at the back of his head all week.

"Wait, Hyung. Why are you apologizing to me? I should be apologizing to you!" Jimin exclaimed and Hoseok was confused.

"What do you mean? I've obviously hurt you - you would barely even look at me!" Hoseok exclaimed and Jimin chuckled.

"Hyung, I've been wanting to talk to you since I left your apartment on Monday, but I knew that you were justifiably angry, so I didn't want to push you to talk to me if you weren't ready." Jimin exclaimed and Hoseok put his forehead in the palm of his hand. "Hyung, I should be apologizing to you!" Jimin said and chuckled again, his mood having drastically increased since he originally sat down. "You were right. I crossed a major line in telling Y/n about your feelings. I should've been more understanding to your point of view. I just really wanted to help. I want to see you happy."

Hoseok smiled at Jimin and he could tell that his smile showed the relief he must've been feeling in that moment.

"I can't be too mad. After all, if it wasn't for you, I probably wouldn't be going on a date with Y/n on Saturday." Hoseok glanced over Jimin's shoulder and saw Y/n happily talking to Jin, and he couldn't stop the smile that spread on his face.

"Wait, are you serious?" Jimin asked Hoseok and he seemed genuinely happy for his friend. Hoseok nodded and Jimin clapped his hands.

"I am so happy for you, Hyung." Jimin beamed and Hoseok couldn't help but return the smile.

"Yeah, I'm happy too." Hoseok said while shyly looking down at his lap, and he could feel his cheeks start to warm. When Hoseok took a breath, it felt like all the weight of the world was melting off of his chest.

He had his best friend back, and he was about to be going on the first date (of hopefully many) with his girl in two days.

Things were starting to look brighter.