Part 22 • Hoseok

Monday, June 15
Hannam-dong, Seoul
9:34pm
Hoseok

"I'm sorry, you did what now?" Hoseok asked (scratch that, more like yelled at) Jimin. They were currently in the middle of Hoseok's living room and Namjoon and Yoongi were sitting on the couches, observing the scene in front of them. Hoseok was really happy, because now there were witnesses in case anything happened.

"I don't understand what I did wrong! I'm sorry Hoseok. Really, I am." Jimin responded and Hoseok could see the tears in his eyes. If Hoseok wasn't so angry at Jimin right now, he would probably feel bad for the guy.

"Jimin, you had no right to tell Y/n that Hoseok was in love with her." Yoongi lightly scolded from his spot on the couch.

"Exactly! You had no right to get involved!" Hoseok yelled. Jimin was obviously alarmed because Hoseok hardly ever got this mad, and it was never directed to his friends. Jimin then realized how badly he had fucked up.

"I'm really sorry Hobi. I was just trying to help. I knew you liked her, and that she liked you too. I was just trying to help." Jimin crossed his arms over his chest - a habit he had when he was nervous. "I knew you wouldn't have made a move otherwise." His voice got really quiet, and he knew he wasn't helping his case at all.

"You know why I wouldn't have made a move Jimin?" Hoseok glared at Jimin and Jimin visibly shrunk. "Because you made it seem like you liked her! So I was trying to back off!" Hoseok couldn't decide if he was more mad at his friend, or disappointed in him. He never thought that Jimin would cross the line the way that he did, and Hoseok would be lying if he said he didn't feel betrayed.

Jimin's face fell and he started to nervously rub at his neck and he could feel tears spring in his eyes. "I didn't mean anything by it, I swear Hyung." Jimin started and his voice was shaky. Anyone could tell that he was close to tears - it was just a matter of time before he broke down.

Hoseok however, could not give two shits. As far as he was concerned, Jimin should feel the level of hurt Hoseok was feeling now. "Oh yeah? Then please, enlighten me on what you meant to do Jimin."

Jimin flinched again at Hoseok's tone and tried to suck up the tears that were threatening to fall - he knew that if anyone had the right to cry, it was not him. He had unintentionally caused so much hurt to one of his best friends and he didn't know what to do. So he started crying.

"I wanted to give you a little nudge! I knew you liked her, so I thought if you thought I was interested in her, you'd maybe ask her out." Jimin sniffled and Hoseok's nostrils flared with rage.

"Why does it matter if I asked her out?" Hoseok was still fuming, but he still had a bit of a soft spot for the pink haired dancer which made him even more annoyed. Hoseok was the one who was betrayed but yet he felt bad because Jimin was crying.

"Because I wanted to see you happy, Hyung!" Jimin was frantic, trying to show Hoseok that he had no ill intentions - sometimes Jimin was just a little eccentric about things.

"Oh yeah? And how's that going so far, Jimin? Do I seem happy to you?" Hoseok sarcastically asked, and Jimin attempted to avoid any eye contact. His cheeks were red and splotchy, and his eyes were pouring tears at this point but Hoseok still wasn't quite done with him yet. "You know what Jimin? I probably would've asked her out. But one of my best friends told me that he was interested in her so I backed off! Because that's what friends do."

The room fell silent - the only sound that could be heard was Jimin's sniffles and it was really starting to piss Hoseok off.

"I think it's time for you to leave, Jimin." Hoseok said as he made his way to open the door for Jimin. Jimin looked up frantically at Hoseok, then Yoongi and Namjoon. Yoongi and Namjoon frowned but they both understood where Hoseok's frustration came from, so they shrugged and glanced down, not wanting to get in the middle of this fight.

"Wait, are you serious?" Jimin asked when he realized that Namjoon and Yoongi weren't going to help him at all. Hoseok looked at Jimin from the door with an unimpressed look.

"As serious as you were when you told Y/n I loved her." Jimin's heart broke, but it's not like Hoseok was being uncalled for. Jimin deserved it - he knew he deserved it, even though it hurt like a bitch.

Jimin dragged his feet to the door, feeling like he had been punched in the gut but knew it was better to leave now and they can speak when they're both less emotional.

Before Jimin left, he looked over to Hoseok sadly and muttered a quiet apology before leaving. Hoseok closed the door after his friend and rubbed his face furiously, mentally and physically exhausted from the day.

"You okay Hobi?" Yoongi asked as he stood up from the couch and made his way over to his distressed friend.

Hoseok shrugged and continued rubbing his face. "Yeah, I guess." He muttered, but he couldn't be so sure. "Do you think I was too hard on him?"

Yoongi shrugged his shoulders. "I don't think so. Jimin obviously hurt you, and he needs to learn everyone's boundaries. Just don't stew on it too much, I do think you guys need to talk it over once you both have calmed down." Yoongi said as he clapped his hand on Hoseok's shoulder, and Hoseok nodded.

He knew that Jimin wasn't being intentionally malicious, however he couldn't help but feel like some lines were seriously crossed. But, Yoongi was right - once tensions have died down a bit, him and Jimin would have to have a serious talk. Unfortunately, Hoseok didn't know when that would be.

"So, whatcha gonna do, Hobi?" Namjoon asked from the couch and Hoseok looked over at Namjoon curiously. "Are you gonna ask Y/n out?"

Hoseok was baffled - asking Y/n out was one of the last things he wanted to do right now. He didn't know how he could even face her after Jimin spilled Hoseok's small (scratch that - massive) crush.

"She was asking about you, you know." Namjoon casually mentioned from the couch and Hoseok's eyes flew to him because, what?

"What?" Hoseok asked and Namjoon nodded.

"Yup. She was asking if you were interested in anyone and stuff like that. I was really confused where it was coming from, but after hearing that Jimin told her about you, it makes more sense." Namjoon shrugged and Yoongi looked at Hoseok expectedly.

"I don't know." Hoseok mumbled and Yoongi nudged him.

"What's not to know? You like her, she likes you. Ask her out, man. Jimin was right about one thing - we just want to see you happy." Yoongi encouraged and Namjoon nodded. Hoseok however, still didn't look convinced though.

"I have her address if you want to go see her?" Namjoon offered and Hoseok sighed, knowing this was a losing battle for him. It wasn't like he didn't want to ask her out - he was just still unsure that a girl like Y/n would like a guy like him.

"Couldn't I just do it over the phone?" Hoseok tried to compromise, and shut his mouth the instant he felt Yoongi's palm connect with the back of his head.

"You are not asking out the girl of your dreams over the phone." Yoongi chided and Hoseok sighed. Well, he guessed this was really happening.

He was about to ask out Y/n, and he was absolutely terrified.