-

The next morning came about, and we started looking for the spot I was found. I don't really have a good memory, but Gran Torino said he found me by a seabush. Other than that, or he might've found me in a little basket. "Hey Gran Torino, are you sure this is the right place?"

"Positive! But quick question, who are you?" Seriously?! That is so like him! I shook my head and ignored his comment and kept searching for clues. Shuffling through the bushes and all we found was nothing.

"Remind me to never have an old turtle lead us around at any time or place." Nemuri muttered to herself.

Gran Torino's head perked up and glared at her. "And remind me to bring ear plugs, so I don't have to listen to this witch who abandoned everyone from home!"

"Oh hush you old man! We've been searching since dawn, and we haven't found a single clue!" Nemuri shouted back as she threw a rock at him, which Torino managed to dodge.

"Tch! What kind of a throw was that?!"

"Shut the hell up! I've always been a fish, a human, and now a manta ray! I don't know how to throw okay?! And don't go criticizing me! You're a turtle! Why do you even have a cane in the first place?!"

"So, I could wack some dumbass creatures to give them some common sense!"

"Oh ho ho! You wanna go there!? Fine then! I can just take one of my potions and-"

"Enough!" I yelled out. Gran Torino and Nemuri stopped arguing for a moment and looked at me. Having my head down and with my hand covering my ears. "Why are we fighting? We're supposed to find a way for me to find home, and all that's been going on is you two arguing." I admitted and lifted my head up with small tears in my eyes.

"Mr. Deku..." Eri nuzzled in my hand to try to calm me down.

"I'm sorry. It's just... I've always felt out of place since I was a baby. At one point, I felt like I belonged with him and everyone I met, but that all got taken away. I don't wanna lose it again, so please just stop arguing and help me, please."

The two of them were taken aback at what I said to them. Nemuri groaned and turned to face Gran Torino. "Sorry. He's right. And I'm sorry for throwing a rock at you."

"No, I'm the one to blame. I sometimes take jokes a little too far. Trust me, I've raised someone who's half fish and yet he's still managed to be pure and kind hearted." He looked over at me, staring into my soul. Uh... what did I do? He sighed and smiled at Nemuri. "Truce?"

"Truce." She answered. "Now with that being out of the way, let's keep looking!" Nemuri exclaimed and went over to some sand to lay in.

There's so much to find here, but it's just nothing but sand, kelp, seaweed, shells... hold on. Are kelp and seaweed the same thing? Hm... I don't think that will be useful information. "Mr. Deku?"

"Hm? Oh, hi Eri. Is there something you need?"

"It's more like a question. It's about your seashell." She said as she swam to the rock where I put my bag. I followed Eri behind and went over to the bag to pick up the seashell from it.

"Okay... I have the shell, what's wrong with it?"

"Well... when you and Mr. Kacchan had that pillow fight, the shell looked different. See? Some of the blue parts of it is black." She pointed out. I looked back at the shell I'm holding and took a closer look at it. Squinting at the black spots on it... my eyes widened when a sudden headache came about.

"Hurry! We need to take him somewhere safe!" "I know, I know! How about we hide him in the kelp?" "That's okay, but how will he get home? What if he gets lost or taken?" "We'll give him this shell. This will help him get home safely with the writing in it. Just leave him to me and get back to the village."