1 - A shy boy from Queens

"S-stop hitting him, Flash! L-let him s-stay!"

"Have you heard, boys? Shy Parker told me to stop! And if I didn't stop, what would you do? You don't have a quirk, so you don't have power over me, you're just a useless wall-crawler! "

"Hey, Flash, what do you say we beat him properly?"

"I think it's a great idea: deluded people like Parker must be taught who really matters here!"

People aren't born equal, that's what I realized while Flash and his friends kicked me. It doesn't matter if you have a noble and generous spirit: If you don't have a quirk your opinion is worth very little.

What I live in is a society where 80% of the world's population is born with a gift, a superpower called a quirk, and the remaining 20% don't have it. It all began in Brooklyn in 1945, when a man named Steve Rogers, now known as Captain America, took down the Nazis led by Red Skull. That man was the first super-being born in America, as well as the first superhero to save the world with his superhuman abilities.

After him others came all over America with such extraordinary abilities who, inspired by Cap's sacrifice, dedicated their lives to fighting crime and defending the innocent. In more recent times this phenomenon has spread to the rest of the world. The dream came true and so more and more people embarked on a career seen only in comics.

The hero's job, to this day, is a real job and is, therefore, taught and paid. Anyone has a chance to become a hero. . . well, not everyone.

I'd say we start at the beginning, so you'll understand how I ended up getting beaten up again by Flash.

My name is Peter B Parker. I'm a 12-year-old boy living in the worst neighborhood you'll ever find, Queens. Unlike other sports-loving kids of my age, I'm crazy about science and comics, a real nerd. My parents died when I was very young, so I don't remember much about them: Only they had to have an important job, which is why we didn't spend much time together.

I live with my uncle Ben and my aunt May.

You should know that my uncle Ben, when he was young, was a real superhero known as Spider-man, but now he's retired

You should know that my uncle Ben, when he was young, was a real superhero known as Spider-man, but now he's retired. Sometimes he showed me his costume:

 Sometimes he showed me his costume: