chapter thirty-four

Start from the beginning

Ellie threw her hands in the air, "For the love of God," she shouted, the same time as Marlene snorted loudly, revealing that she was listening in on the covnersation

"See," said the brunette, pointing to the girl "Blondie gets it,"

She was very nervous about going home, and all of them trying to convince her to do otherwise was not helping, even though she knew that they were probably right.

However, she wouldn't risk her father storming into the Potter's house, even if it meant enduring his abuse for two weeks. There was also the fact that she was going there per Voldemorts' request, and she had no idea what he wanted with her, but if he thought he could force, or convince her to get the Dark Mark, Lestrange obviously hadn't painted a good enough picture of who Nephera really was.

"Students who are returning home, please head outside to the carriages," said Professor McGonagall, and Nephera immediately grabbed her trunk, which was resting on the ground next to her, and walked out

The Professor had seen the state of the girl when she returned from Christmas and was absolutely horrified. Nephera had long since been one of her favorite students, and she was surprised to see her go back.

"Mrs. Winchester," she called

"Professor?"

"You are going home? For the break?"

"Yes, I am. Why are you asking?"

Minerva knew that she couldn't exactly voice outright that she thought her father was abusing her, so she simply smiled slightly at the brunette "Just, be careful,"

"I will, Minnie, don't worry," she said, mustering up the best smile she could at the moment, and walking away

She was riding the same carriage as Ellie and Tony, the both of them talking incessantly, giving her reason after reason why she should go with them during the holidays, but they all fell on deaf ears.

They finally reached the station, and all her friends immediately surrounded the brunette. She knew they were about to be very angry at what she was about to do, but she knew that if she reached the platform, they'd probably grab her and apparate with her, so she had to do this now.

Taking a step back, she looked at all of them "I'm really sorry about this, but I'll be fine," she sighed, taking out her wand and dissapparating

The six of them were left staring at the spot where the girl was previously standing, completely dumbfounded and caught off guard.

"Of course she did," breathed Ellie, running a hand over her face in frustration

"Come on, my parents will know what to do," said James "Lily! Come here, love, we have to apparate,"

Sirius grabbed Ellie's hand, James took hold of his girlfriend, and Remus side-apparated along with Tony, Peter following close behind.

They all awkwardly landed in the garden of the Potter Estate and stumbled around, trying to stabilize themselves as Peter held Ellie's hair up while she was throwing up in the corner, never having apparated before.

"James, honey, is that you?" said Euphemia Potter, opening the back door of the house

"Yeah, mom, it's us," he sighed, greeting his mother with a hug

The second the woman walked outside, she noticed the children's expressions and then saw that the Slytherin wasn't there. Ignoring the worry pooling in her stomach, she put on a smile and hugged her son tightly.

"And you must be Lily, my Merlin you are beautiful! Why on earth are you with my son?" she tried to joke, and it worked as James let out a small grunt of disapproval