4. Phase 2 - Part 1

Start from the beginning

"Thanks man. That was real helpful. I wanted to buy one and now I even know the price," I responded and smiled.

We continued talking about basketball and walked back to the dorms. He said he'll join the basketball club with me, but for some reason, he did not want me to tell anyone how amazing he was. I asked him why, but he said he'll do it himself, in the most amusing way imaginable. Whatever that means.

Before parting ways, Ayano asked me, "Hey Sudo, I won, so you'll keep your word right?"

"Yeah yeah, no more fights, got it. I'll try, but it really depends on my mood," I answered with a wave.

And then we split.

I decided to head back to my man cave.

While returning, I can't help but think back on the one-on-one. The way he did those jump shots, those 3 pointers, and even those dunks. There was something familiar about them. In a way, it felt like they were my moves. It was almost as if he instantly saw how I played and copied them on the spot. And not only that, but he created the perfect counter attacks moments after seeing my play style. Is that even.... possible?

Nahh. I shouldn't think about that. Ayano probably watched tons of basketball videos and played a lot of street-ball. Yeah, that's it. It has to be.

Brushing off those thoughts, atleast now I have something to look forward to. I finally found someone that is leagues above me on the court. He could probably go on par with the real stars. His shots were like Stephen Curry and his jumps were nearly as high as Michael Jordon's. Hell, I can't help but have a weird feeling in my stomach. Not a bad one, this one felt good.

For the next 3 years, I know what I have to do. My goal...

.

.

.

.

... Is to defeat Ayanokouji Kiyotaka!

If I can't even do that, then there's no hope for me to become a pro.

"Yosh!" Feeling rejuvinated by this new-found determination, I stripped naked and hopped into the shower.

.

.

● ○ ● ○ ● ○ ○ ● ○ ● ○ ● ○ ● ○ ● ○ ● ○ ○ ● ○ ● ○ ● ○

.

.

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka's POV:

.

.

That went better than I expected. After seeing how aggressive Sudo was on the first day, I thought he'd be more hostile when I completely dominate him at the sport he loves most. Guess I miscalculated by a bit. It seems no extra effort is needed on my part inorder to subdue him.

Right now, it is crystal, that the ticking time bomb known as Sudo Ken, has been tamed! Hell yeah! And it was done by yours truly.

I can assume that he'll be more cooperative in the days to come. That's good. It'll serve me well to have an obidient dog on my side.

After the two stunts I pulled, he'll probably see me as someone to look up to.

Hehe. I let out a smug and went into my room.

.

.

( * 20 minutes later * )

.