Nineteen

Start from the beginning

Both my mom and Raylee disagree. "You better go open that door. You might be upset but your legs still work. Vamos (Let's go.)" Mom says crossing her arms. I stomp my foot and go downstairs to answer the door.

"Es mejor que también pierdas la actitud! (You better lose your attitude too!)" She yells from upstairs. I look at the screen and see Roddy's sister.

"Hey Cleo." I say through the speaker and buzz her in. "Hey Malina." I wait at the front door and unlock it. She knocks and I open it. She stands in front of me holding Azalea.

"Mommy!" She yells. I smile widely as Cleo hands her to me. "Hey baby! I missed you." I kiss all over her face and she giggles.

I move away from the door and let Cleo in. We all go into the kitchen and I sit Lea on the counter. Cleo gives me a long hug and then stands next to me.

"Uh, Roddy wanted me to bring her here for a little while. He thought you'd want to see her." I nod. "I appreciate that. Thank you." I bring the cookie jar closer to Azalea and hand her one.

"He told me what happened. I'm not about to take anybody's side. Roddy isn't a saint either. What happened with Pop anyway?" I swallow the piece of cookie in my mouth before answering.

"We kissed. It was only one that HE initiated. He completely caught me off guard but as soon as he did it, I got out of his car and got an Uber. Roddy kicked me out of his car and I thought Pop would bring me home. That's all that went on I swear. I did try explaining to him but he didn't want to hear it. He hasn't been answering my calls or texts either."

I lean my head back to prevent tears from falling. "I know I messed up. I just want Roddy to know I'm sorry. I'll cut all ties with Pop if he wants me to. It wasn't supposed to happen Cleo, I promise."

She nods her head and takes a cookie from the jar. "He does miss you. He is just cut up about this whole thing." I nod. "I understand, I'd be pissed too. I just need to explain to him and where we go from here is up to him."

Cleo agrees with me and pulls Lea's juice bottle from her bag. "I mean y'all live together. Y'all have to talk." I shrug. "He said he wanted to quit so I don't know if he is coming back." I respond.

"I believe you by the way. You're different to all these little fast ass girls he deals with. You have a good head on your shoulders. You have a great job and don't depend on Roddy for anything. You seem like a big go getter and I respect it. Most of the girls he gets with try to sponge off of him or clout chase. You're a good girl and I know you made a mistake. Roddy will come around. I'll make a good case for you."

I cry and she hugs me. "Thank you for that, I really appreciate it. I don't want to force him, I just want him to understand that I know I fucked up and that I'm taking responsibility."

Cleo pulls away and wipes my face for me. "I'm apologising on his behalf I know he probably didn't say nice things either. I just hope you guys can work this out, Azalea adores you."

I look over to Lea and she was still eating the cookie, swinging her feet. "I adore her." I smile and squeeze her cheeks.

I hear my mom and Raylee walk down the stairs. "Is that my ZayZay?" Raylee says running towards Azalea. My mom laughs and introduces herself to Cleo.