"Ugh! Don't you have eyes!"

I got startled by the gruff yet chill male voice. My gaze traveled slowly from his white Nike tee to his suit pants, then to his shiny formal shoes.

Who in the damn psycho world wears a t-shirt over formal pants, that too at a wedding? What a weirdo!

After that, my gaze quickly traveled up to see the weirdo's face. And as soon as my gaze landed on his face, my breath got caught in my throat. I found a pair of beautiful brown eyes staring at me. His eyelashes-thick as a dense Amazon forest; eyelashes every girl would die to have. Damn! Why some stuff is naturally given to people who don't need them?

A faint scar on his forehead above his right eyebrow caught my attention. It seemed to be fading, still, it gave out the impression that it once was a deep cut. Then I found another red-brownish scar on his left jaw and one more near to his ear. When my gaze flicked to his nose, I found it faintly crooked-a slight bend that could be missed if not looked at closely. His striking facial features could make anyone overlook the flaws in his appeal. Good thing that the attractive features of men have never enticed me, it has always been their behavior.

His flawed yet attractive face could be the result of two things, either he had indulged in a fight, or he had been an accident. Momentarily, I found myself looking for any other flaw which led to his slightly parted lips that slowly molded in a lopsided grin. His grin brought me back to reality, and then only I noticed that he had been raking his eyes shamelessly over my body. It didn't take long for his grin to turn into a mocking smirk as his gaze traveled back to my face.

"Jeans and sneakers at a wedding?" He arched an eyebrow. "Not my type!"

Wha- Did he-? Did he just rate me? How dare he!

My nostrils flared. I narrowed my eyes at him. Fortunately, I wasn't too short which made it easy for me to glare at him eye to eye.

Gritting my teeth, I looked for something to mock him about and when I caught the glimpse of what was hanging around his neck, I smirked.

My turn, you sick oddball.

"A bow tie over a tee? Definitely not my type!"

At my remark, his eyes slowly traveled down and I swear I saw a hint of blush on his face. He quickly unwrapped his bowtie and clenched it in his fist, then narrowed his eyes at me. "Whatever." With that, he walked past me, brushing his arm against mine.

"Whatever." I mimicked him with a scowl. "Asshole!" I muttered and made my way ahead.

Upon reaching the room in which my client, Sasha, had been waiting for me with the bride of the day, Gia. I helped Sasha change the look. In strawberry blond wig, huge sunglasses, and baggy clothes I chose for her disguised her pretty well. I did pretty good work, yay!

I instructed her to leave her smartwatch, which was connected to her boyfriend's, obviously not wanting to be tracked down.

Sasha was saying a final goodbye to her friend when I interrupted her.

"Hey, Sasha, you know, the offer still stands. I can help you put your abusive boyfriend behind the bars." I suggested. I had proposed this idea the day she asked for my help as well.

She scoffed with a painful smile. "I wish. But he has contacts in the police department which makes him fearless of being put behind the bars. I...I have tried... And the results weren't good." She stammered at the last part, her eyes on the verge of pouring out tears.

I couldn't even imagine what she must have gone through.

She sucked a deep breath and smiled cheerfully. "But that's fine. I'll be away from him now. For a few days, I'll stay at the place you have arranged for me, then I will fly off to Australia where my sister lives."