A date or just a hangout?

Start from the beginning

"Of course! I'm always willing to help a friend in need. Especially when they're going out on their first daaatttteee." He teased playfully, nudging her with his elbow.

"I-it's not a d-date!" She protested, knowing full well a blush had plastered itself across her face. Nagito laughed, "Oh come on Mikan, we both know very well that it's a date. Ibuki said so herself ya know."

Mikan started to whimper, "Wh-what if I m-mess up? O-or say s-something st-stupid and she h-hates me! Or or I f-fall and em-embarrass h-her!? Sh-she'll never t-talk me ag-again!"

Nagito grabbed Mikans shoulder and started shaking her, stopping when she was dizzy enough to listen him. (This doesn't make sense but does at the same time what)

"Mikan, listen to me. Just be yourself, as long as you do that, then you'll be as fine as wine!" Mikan gave him a confused look and he shook his head, "What I mean is, as long as you're being yourself. Ibuki will still enjoy your company!"

"A-are you sure?" Mikan asked, still worried she'll make a mistake. Nagito nodded, "Of course. Have I ever been wrong before?"

"Yes. Y-you have."

"That's not the point."

He waved his hand dismissively, Mikan decided to take his advice for now and allowed herself to calm down. Now was not the time to freak out, if she did, the higher the chance of her making a fool out of herself.

She looked at herself in the full length mirror in her closet. She was wearing a white and red stripped shirt that was tied at the front, with a red and black checkered flannel tied at her waist.

She wore black short-ripped jeans with red converse, "If you're wondering if you look fine, you look ravishing!" Nagito reassured.

Mikan smiled at him and giggled at his tone of voice, "Th-thank you Nagito." She looked at the time, 4:34 PM. "Ah, I suppose it's about that time I drive you now huh." Nagito said in his usual, calm voice.

Mikan nodded, Nagito had volunteered to drive Mikan to her hangout with Ibuki, almost acting like a mom dropping their child off at a friends house. That also means he'd pick her up, as a precautionary measure.

The two left Mikans apartment, making sure to lock it before walking over to Nagitos car, Nagito got in the driver seat while Mikan got in the passenger seat.

Nagito turned on the car and pressed a button, causing the roof to open up. "Ah, do you smell that? The fresh air of a cool afternoon day." He smiled happily, Mikan smiled and looked up at the sky.

He wasn't wrong, the day was seemed brighter, more beautiful. Was it always like this? Did she just never notice? It seems like her whole view on the world is changing.

Nagito started driving and Mikan let herself relax, feeling the cool air flow onto her face and through her hair. Mikan felt her phone vibrate and she looked down at it, seeing a text from Ibuki.

She smiled and she noticed Nagito peek over from the corner of her eye, she playfully slapped his shoulder and he laughed teasingly, "I'm just curious is all! You seemed to get really excited after all."

"Sh-shut up." She blushed, she opened the text.

Booki 🎸: Ibuki is here Miki! I'll be waiting at the food court! <3

Mikan couldn't stop herself from blushing at the sight of the heart, wondering if Ibuki knew this would get a reaction out of her. Either way she replied back.

Miki 🩹:  I'm almost there Ibuki!

Booki 🎸: Can't wait to see you!! See you soon! :3