Talk About It

May POV

Stoke and I just landed in England and we had so many plans for this trip before I headed to Japan. I was trying to convince him to come with me but he said Jah and him had plans and I definitely didn't want to interrupt that. We get to our rented spot which was really pretty. It was a one-story home, with a pool, bar, two bedrooms, kitchen, and entertainment space. We should've made this a couples trip but we needed time for ourselves. I put my stuff down and walk through the house and he slams himself on the bed.

"Stokeley"

"Hm?"

"You are so lazy, get yo ass up"

"I wanna take a nap though"

"Nap my ass Stoke, get up"

"Come lay with me"

"No, I'm hungry"

"Five minutes and then we'll go eat. Promise"

At first, I rolled my eyes but then I gave in. I curled up under him in the bed, a minute later we were both fast asleep. This sleep was a mixture of just being tired and jet lag. The best sleep I have had in ages, probably since my career started. When I woke up is was 7 pm here and I was starving. I left Stoke in the room and ordered some pizza and wings. By the time the food came, Stoke was awake and I tried to find a movie to watch.

"So what we doing tomorrow?"

"Definitely not staying in, we have to hit up London and I was to go to Yorkshire"

"What the hell is in Yorkshire, May?"

"That's where the Yorkshire Ripper killings took place," I said with a slight smile.

"We are not about to go to old crime scenes, you can see them from your TV but not in person"

"Fiiiiine, we can go to Jurassic coast or Holkham beach after we wander around London"

"While we're here we could also use this pool and watch TV outback. We are about to be here for a complete week before you head to Japan"

"You only wanna see how that pool work so we can have them modify stuff in our home in Cali. There is a bar section in the pool, with stools on the waterside and a place for the mixologist to work."

"Lucky for me, your my personal mixologist and I will sit at a barstool"

"You are so annoying"

"You love me though mama"

"Not for long"

"You gonna leave me for Giveon?"

"Boy what?"

"I'm just asking I know y'all close and stuff. Maybe you gon leave me for him"

"Where the hell did that idea come from?"

"Let's just say I heard some things. I don't like you around him, especially if it's not business-related."

"Baby I don't know where you got this idea from. I only see him when I got to the poetry club and I don't text him unless it's related to music and you are always around when that happens. Why are you just now stating your issue with Giveon anyway? This has been a business affair for how long and your just now being vocal. What did you hear?"

"I just heard that you guys were kinda close at the poetry club the other night. He was giving you googly eyes and you either didn't peep or was purposely ignoring"

"Either way why does it anger you?"

"You're my girl, mine. He be in your car and I am surprised he don't be trying nothing if he does like you. Has told you or even given you clues?"