two

"jisung, watch out!"

the younger boy couldn't hear him and kept running until he realized he was gonna run into a tree. in a split second, he was sent onto the ground, his head pounding because of the impact.

"i told you to watch out, didn't i?" the other sighed, quickly heading over to jisung who was now trying his best to not rub his head.

"oh no, my mom is gonna yell at me again." jisung frowned, knowing that his mom would most likely scold him for not being careful.

"hey, don't say that! let me have a look." changbin spoke softly as he took a seat beside the younger. jisung complied and the older could see a small red bump growing on his head.

"you know what? whenever i get hurt, my mom would always kiss it better." changbin mumbled out and jisung was intrigued.

"do you mind if i kiss it to see if it works?"

jisung smiled brightly and nodded without hesitation. "go ahead, hyung! i wanna know too." he added. the older giggled at the cute gesture, can't help but to ruffle his hair.

changbin then leaned in and placed a soft peck on the bump before pulling away. "better?" he asked.

jisung's smile grew wider and he lets out a series of laughter. changbin didn't understand but he joined in and he finally got an answer.

"so much better, thank you hyung."

they were just two little boys, best friends since they were kids. there was so much to discover in life, and one of it was love.