one

"mom, can we go-" changbin was cut off when he heard cries from the other side of the slide. the boy was at the playground with his mom, but he was curious and worried that someone might've gotten hurt.

without telling his mom, he ambled towards the direction of the voice to see another boy around his age, maybe a little bit younger, crying on the ground. he was holding onto his elbow as tears fall down his cheeks.

"hey, are you okay?" changbin quickly ran up to the boy, genuinely concerned to see him crying. the smaller boy looked at changbin with tears still in his eyes, "i was trying to find mom but when i ran, i fell and hurt my elbow." he said with a frown.

changbin felt sorry for the boy, so he tried his best to comfort him. despite being small in age, changbin is quite the smart one. he has a heart of gold and his mom taught him how to be thoughtful towards others.

he wasn't sure on what to do, but he helped the boy up and rubbed his shoulders to calm him down. relieved to see it was working, changbin proceed to say something, hoping that it would make the younger feel much better.

"you're so strong, you know? even though you fell, you still get back up on your legs." seeing the gummy smile from the smaller made changbin happy, he's glad that it made him smile.

"jisung, sweetie where have you been?" a voice suddenly interrupted their bonding session, the younger realizing that it was his mom immediately. "mom! i thought i lost you." he ran into his mom's embrace, his tears almost threatening to fall once again.

in the meantime, changbin's mom also saw what was happening and approched her son. "mom look, i made a new friend!" he said as he points towards the other boy, a smile spread across his face. his mom ruffled his hair, a proud smile danced on her lips.

"oh my, you fell again. did it hurt?" changbin then turned his attention the boy's mom who seemed worried seeing the condition of her son who was in her arms. "it did, but i'm strong! that boy helped me and i feel better." her son replied, this time it was him pointing his finger towards changbin.

and that was how they became friends.