Chapter 19: Back to reality

Mulai dari awal

Tony and Bruce were at the kitchen cleaning dishes while Thor and Steve stood near the door. "Wow! Y/N," Tony said walking out of the kitchen and to the door with you. Steve sees you at the corner of his eye and looks at you. 

"Are you ready m'lady?" He said with his arm out. He wore dark blue skinny jeans and a baby blue button-down with the first few buttons open that looked so body-hugging, that even a slight move would rip it apart. 

"Yes, I am," you said taking his hand.  He looked down at your jacket when the smile on him slowly faded away. 

"Be back before 10. And no funny business!" Tony yelled as we walked out. 

"Okay, dad!" you call as you turned back to Steve noticing the slight sadness in his eyes. "Hey! is everything okay?" You asked worried that you did, or said something wrong. 

"Nope, nothing. We better hurry though, I want to sit at a booth." He said as you guys got in the car. 

The ride there was pretty quiet, Steve drove as you sat next to him admiring how much New York has changed from the last time you were there. 

"Remember Sal's?" He said turning into another street. You looked at him as the memories from back in the day came back. 

"Only the best deli in New York!" You said and saw in the direction he was pointing to. 

"Right there! Now it is a bank. His son sold the property to some corporate people, huge money!" He said looking around for parking.  You guys went into a fairly small diner, you sat in a booth facing the busy New York streets. You let Steve order some pasta and beer. 

"So, what have you been up to for the last 70 years?" He asked as he dove right into the plate of really hot pasta in front of him. 

"Well, nothing much really. After the mission, I quit the army and lived in Manhattan with Peggy when Loki came in one day and took me back to Asgard." You said as you sip on your beer. "There I found out that my powers and my pain were linked to my father." You looked up at Steve see him scrunch his face in confusion. "Oh yeah! I forgot to tell you I have powers actually more of a curse that gives me magic but yeah 'powers'. I will show them tomorrow when you're training. Um, where was I- Yeah! So I tried to use my powers to help break the curse on my father so he won't feel my pain. Almost died in the process." You quipped as you dig into your pasta, starving. "Then, a few months later I watched my mother die so I killed the dude that killed her. My first kill by the way, very painful." You shook your head, "Then I was pretty sad about that for quite some time. From then on, I just trained and trained to control my powers. And because all of this happened because I came to earth in the first place my father, Odin, banned me from coming back. So yeah That would be how my last 70 years were." you said as you looked up at him. His eyes were filled with sympathy. 

"Y/N, I am so sorry." 

"No, it's okay. It was pretty calm after that though. Because I am or was like the strongest Asgardian, I am also the protector of all nine realms. Fun job doesn't really pay up tho." you looked up. "Doesn't pay at all," you grinned as you saw Steve laugh. 

"I still can't believe you are here, like just wow!" Steve laughed, leaning back as he finished up his meal. 

"Yeah, well I guess the lifespan of a mortal really is pretty big." You said as you called the waiter back. "I would like chocolate cake and some vanilla ice cream, please!" You told the waiter. As she left you looked back at Steve wearing a smug smile. "What?"

"How do you eat so much and still look like that?" He asked taking another sip of his beer. 

"I honestly don't know, I think it's my boyfriend, I mean the number of workouts he makes me do are at this point just outrageous but I guess it is helping look fine as hell." You laughed but it is cut short when you notice Steve's face tense. "What?" You asked not realizing that you talked about your boyfriend. 

"Boyfriend?" 

"Yeah Steve, boyfriend. Why?" You asked still confused. 

"No, nothing. Just hard to think about you with a guy!" He smirked.

"Excuse me, Bitch!" You said staring at him.

"No, just you hang out with so many guys, never really were into the girly things. I mean like you're of the dudes. So I just thought you know, maybe-" He shrugged.

"I- um. I don't know if that is a compliment or an insult. But I am not in the mood to punch that pretty face of yours so I'ma take that as a compliment." You said as the waiter placed your dessert in front of you. You guys walked to the local bar after and talk for some time and then head back to the compound. 

At the compound

"So how dinner?" Nat asked pausing the tv and looked back at you. 

"It was great, we talked, we eat and drank like a lot. I honestly think he was trying to get me drunk." You said as you plop down next you her. 

Steve sat in the chair beside you. "Excuse me, I got you drunk? Your the one who suggested going to the bar," He said defending himself. "All right, you know what I am tired, I will be leaving for Brooklyn pretty early tomorrow. Good night Nat," He stood up "Good night Y/N," he said as he hugged you, and kissed you on your forehead, and walked away. 

"He really likes you! Wow," Nat said as Steve left the room. 

"Yeah! I know." You said still looking at the movie that was playing.

"I think you missing out, honey!" She smirked, leaning back on her hand as she walked you turn to her.

"Babe, I am taken. Plus I love him but as a brother. I don't think I can ever like him like that." You try to explain. "All right, I am gonna go, you sleeping here or what?" You said standing up. 

"But this movie isn't done yet!" Nat whined. 

"Alright, I have to rest, today has been very overwhelming. Good night Nat." You turn as head back to your room. 

As you walk in, the weird feeling hits you again. A wave of chills crawls all over your body. What the hell is it? And why only here?  You have been in Nat's room and Thor's room and nothing happened there. Why ONLY here?

--Comment--

--Vote--

--Share--

--!!ENJOY!!--