Valentine's Day Time

Start from the beginning

"Happy Valentine's Day." I reply, my face heating up.

"You coming with us?" He asks, looking out the door where Nakamura and Kayano disappeared moments before.

"I suppose. I don't really have anything else to do. Besides reading anyways." I answer before he pulls me outside after the girls.

"His self esteem isn't exactly the highest. Poor guy can't imagine the opposite sex wanting anything to do with him." Nakamura says, leaning up against the side of the school building.

"It's why he's avoiding you. See, in his mind, that smooch is something you're pissed as hell about. That's just how he is." Karma says.

"Until you say otherwise, that's what he'll think." I add.

"I know, it's just... I mean, I've played being in love dozens of times, but this is totally different. I have no real life experience crushing on a classmate. Like, what am I supposed to say when I give the chocolates to him?" Kayano asks, scarlet painting her cheeks as she looks at the ground in embarrassment.

"Ah, want us to do some recon? Maybe a little cover training would be in order?" Karma suggests. After that, we go to observe everyone else's experiences, starting with Kanzaki and Sugino.

"Absolutely. Absolutely. Of course." Sugino repeats confirmations while also slamming his head into a wooden pole and just Kanzaki stares at him in concern.

"I'm... glad you like them." Kanzaki says with a close-eyed smile.

"Yes, yes, yes..." Sugino continues his rant.

"In this case the receiver is overjoyed, but observe how the giver is rather a bit on the cool side. Total formality." Karma explains.

"His overjoyed face is..." Nakamura starts.

"Terrifying." I finish for her, earning a nod of agreement from the blonde. Next, we move onto Chiba and Hayami who are practicing their target shooting with chocolate bullets.

"Impressive. Your shots are just as accurate when using chocolate ammunition." Hayami compliments, pulling a pack of chocolate bullets out of her jacket and tossing them to him. "Here's the rest. You've more than earned it."

"Good call." Chiba responds.

"I respect you. Let's keep it that way." Hayami says.

"Sure." Chiba agrees. They really are a pair of few words. They are very cute together though.

"See, now there's a couple that's always on target. Gotta love that skill." Nakamura says.

"I can't imitate that. I can't even tell if she meant it." Kayano complains before we're onto the next case. Hazama, Muramatsu, Yoshida, Terasaka, and Itona.

"Gentlemen, I await your answers with baited breath." Hazama says with a light blush on her face. "To each of you, a love letter. I put a lot of myself into these."

"Yourself? More like an ancient curse." Terasaka grumbles.

"She beat me to the punch. I had Okuda cook me up a batch I planned on leaving in Terasaka's shoe locker." Karma says disappointedly, holding up a blue heart shaped box.

"What is wrong with you? That's not what chocolate is for at all!" Kayano screams at him. Then we move on to Isogai and Kataoka, the class reps.

"Whoa! All these for me? Is this for real?" Isogai asks, his eyes shining.

"I thought you might like to share them with your brother and sister. Nothing fancy, just bulk stuff from a wholesale store. Took me four hours to ride there and back." Kataoka says before she starts to walk away.