Let Live Time

A/n
Hello and thank you for 8.5k+ reads! Sorry about this chapter, nothing really happens with Karma. We are about to get into the serious stuff so thank you to everyone who has supported me this long, here's today's chapter :)

Korosensei stares at Principal Asano, yellow goo dripping down from his face. I stare at him with my arms crossed, gripping onto the fabric of my shirt. Korosensei finally lifts his tentacle and places it on the cover of the next textbook. Within a second, he had calmly flipped it open and solved the problem before the grenade went off. The smug expression on Principal Asano's face quickly morphs to one of surprise, his eyes widening slightly.

"Alrighty then! Open, solved, and closed." Korosensei says, looking at the Principal and I loosen the grip on my shirt. "Fortunately, I just so happened to remember, more or less, which questions are on what page in this particular series of books. Math was the only troublesome spot. That one has been loaned out to a student for so long I forgot." Korosensei explains while a majority look over to Yada who looks a bit guilty. She shouldn't feel too bad, there's no way she could've known.

"You know these books backwards and forwards? A rather remarkable coincidence." Principal Asano says, maintaining his calm facade.

"Oh, not just these. I've committed all of Japan's test material to memory. You say no moving out of the blast radius until the problem is solved? Very well. That little caveat is nothing to a passionate educator. I'm sorry sir, you sincerely thought you had gotten the better of me, huh? My my. A class' crushing defeats must have you in a tizzy. I'm afraid this one dimensional stratagem may wind up getting the better of you." Korosensei says, all the while effortlessly solving the rest of the textbook problems set for him. The chance of that one book he didn't memorize being used was so small, it's and incredible coincidence. "There we have it, the last book. Your turn, I believe. What does it feel like? Staring your own demise in the face. They say ones life flashes before ones eyes. What do you see Principal? What do you see flickering by in that exemplary brain?" Korosensei asks while Principal Asano blankly stares ahead, his eyes gleaming. He stands there for a few moments in silence, perhaps in deep thought, before Korosensei speaks up, finally not dripping with yellow goo anymore.

"What will it be, Principal? Will you open the last book or fold? You may be an exceptional human being, sir, but taking a grenade blast won't end well for you."

"This was your idea, in case you forgot. But hey, it's no big deal, just gracefully admit defeat." Yoshida taunts, leaning in through one of the windows and Principal Asano aims a menacing glare in his direction. Yoshida immediately cowers away, grabbing onto Kataoka who shoves him away.

"And just so your aware, fire Korosensei all you want, it doesn't make any difference to us." Kataoka says.

"Don't get us wrong, it'll be sad to leave this place behind, but whatever comes, we're going right along with him." Kanzaki says with her usual kind smile and Korosensei starts crying.

"That's right. Even if we run away from home or hole up in a cave, we'll keep this class going. It's not over until March." Isogai says defiantly and Principal Asano's eyes grow dark, narrowing even more as he looks over all of us as we stand in agreement with our classmates.

"Korosensei. You may well destroy the Earth, even so, as far as my educational philosophy, it would make absolutely no difference whatsoever." Principal Asano says darkly, his eyes bloodshot as he flips open his textbook and we all gasp in shock. He's actually going to let himself die? Within the second, an explosion sounds out and there's a giant, blinding flash of light. I crouch down, covering my ears and closing my eyes, barely having any time to react. Once the ringing in my ears stops I hesitantly open my eyes to see dust flying around everywhere.