Blue eyed Slytherin

Start from the beginning

"and you have been busy making fun of me and you're the one that is in love with a teacher!" Kirra laughs at her blushing friend playfully

"Oh do shut up."

They finished lunch and went outside into the overcast courtyard. Maxine sat down on a stone step and buried her nose in Voyages with Vampires again, frequently commenting on how 'brave Lockhart must have been to actually do that and all of that rubbish while the other two ignored her creepy comments of the DADA teacher.

Kirra and JJ stood talking about Quidditch for several minutes before Kirra became aware that she was being closely watched. Looking up, she saw a very small, mousy-haired boy staring at her as though transfixed. He was clutching what looked like an ordinary Muggle camera, and the moment Kirra looked at him, he went bright red. "All right, Kirra? I'm — I'm Colin Creevey," he said breathlessly, taking a tentative step forward.

"I'm in Gryffindor first year. D'you think — would it be all right if — can I have a picture?" he said, raising the camera hopefully. 

"A picture?" Kirra asked the small boy kindly, though her voice was laced in confusion.

"So I can prove I've met you," said Colin Creevey eagerly, edging further forward. "I know all about you. Everyone's told me. About how you and your brother survived when You-Know-Who tried to kill you and how he disappeared and everything and how you've both still got a lightning scar on your forehead" (his eyes raked Kirra's hairline) "and a boy in my dormitory said if I develop the film in the right potion, the pictures'll move."

Colin drew a great shuddering breath of excitement and said, "It's amazing here, isn't it? I never knew all the odd stuff I could do was magic till I got the letter from Hogwarts. My dad's a milkman, he couldn't believe it either. So I'm taking loads of pictures to send home to him. And it'd be really good if I had one of you" — he looked imploringly at Kirra — "maybe your friend could take it and I could stand next to you? And then, could you sign it?"

"Signed photos? You're giving out signed photos, Potter?" Loud and scathing, Draco Malfoy's voice echoed around the courtyard. He had stopped right behind Colin, flanked, as he always was at Hogwarts, by Mattheo Riddle and their large and thuggish cronies, Crabbe and Goyle.

"Everyone line up!" Mattheo roared to the crowd and smirked down at the girl as her cheeks went red. "Kirra Potter's giving out signed photos!"

"No, I'm not," said Kirra as she began to play with the hair tie on her wrist anxiously at all of the attention.

"Shut up, Mattheo and how about you and the other three idiots that follow you around like lost puppies stay the hell away from her." JJ scowled and walked towards the Slytherins, not backing down at their glares

"You're just jealous," piped up Colin, whose entire body was about as thick as Crabbe's neck.

"Jealous?" said Mattheo, who didn't need to shout anymore: Half the courtyard was listening in. "Of what? I don't want a foul scar right across my head, thanks. I don't think getting your head cut open makes you that special, myself." Crabbe and Goyle were sniggering stupidly while Kirra moved a piece of her hair in front of her scar subconsciously.

"What is going on here?" they suddenly heard and they turned around to see Harry, Ron and Hermione storming over to them

"Oh I was just telling your freak sister how ugly she and that scar on her head are" Mattheo smirked

"Eat slugs, Mattheo," said Ron angrily as he and Harry stepped forward angrily, Maxine had closed her book and was standing next to Kirra, holding her hand comfortingly. Crabbe stopped laughing and started rubbing his knuckles in a menacing way.

"Be careful, Weasley," sneered Mattheo. "You don't want to start any trouble or your mummy'll have to come and take you away from school." He put on a shrill, piercing voice. "'If you put another toe out of line' —" A knot of Slytherin fifth years nearby laughed loudly at this.

"Weasley would like a signed photo, Potter," smirked Malfoy as he and Mattheo began to laugh at the short Hufflepuff once again. "It'd be worth more than his family's whole house —" Ron whipped out his Spellotaped wand

"What's all this, what's all this?" Gilderoy Lockhart was striding toward them, his turquoise robes swirling behind him. "Who's giving out signed photos?" Kirra started to speak but she was cut short as Lockhart flung an arm around her shoulders and thundered jovially, "Shouldn't have asked! We meet again, Kirra!" Kirra tried to pull herself out of the man's grip but he was much stronger than she was

"Let me go" she pleaded with him but he pretended not to hear her. Pinned to Lockhart's side and burning with humiliation and fear, Kirra saw Malfoy slide smirking back into the crowd and dragging Mattheo who was no longer smirking but was looking at her with an unreadable look in his eyes.

"Come on then, Mr. Creevey," said Lockhart, beaming at Colin. "A double portrait, can't do better than that, and we'll both sign it for you." Colin fumbled for his camera and took the picture as the bell rang behind them, signalling the start of afternoon classes. "Off you go, move along there," Lockhart called to the crowd, JJ and Maxine tried to stay but the man threatened them with detention and the small Hufflepuff told them to go.

Lockhart set off back to the castle with Kirra, who was wishing she knew a good Vanishing Spell, still clasped to his side. "A word to the wise, Kirra," said Lockhart paternally as they entered the building through a side door. 

"I covered up for you back there with young Creevey — if he was photographing me, too, your schoolmates won't think you're setting yourself up so much. . . ." Deaf to Kirra's stammers, Lockhart swept her down a corridor lined with staring students and up a staircase, she pleaded them for help with her eyes, yet nobody came to her rescue.

Suddenly a hand went around her wrist and she was tugged harshly out of Lockhart's grip and was pulled into someone's chest as he quickly lead them away. 

Kirra didn't know why she expected and maybe even hopped it to be the chocolate eyed Slytherin who had rescued her, but she got a surprise as she looked up and was met with beautiful blue eyes

It was a boy she seen around but had never actually talked to, though he seemed to be the same age as her

"T-thanks" she mumbled to him

"no problem princess," he gave her a smirk, "I'm Theodore Nott"