"Tian, did you eat your breakfast?"  He concerningly ran his thumb over Tian's palm resting on the bamboo railing to which Tian's finger automatically responded by tangling them together inconspicuously. A wave of desire flickered in Chief Phupha's core as he kept his gaze stiched to those big round eyes.

"Yes Hawhna, I did. Since you returned late, do you want me to go warm up some food?"

"It's alright. I had few rice balls on the way. Let's have a proper dinner together na?" Chief smiled returning the bottle to Tian.

"Did the night shift go well, Hawhna?" Tian blushed at the thought of eating dinner together, probably tonight, he assumed. 

"It was fine krab, Tian, don't worry too much an. It troubles me when you have such a worried expression on your face and this is my usual job". Chief understood that Tian's thoughts treaded on the scar the bullet left behind two years ago, it was slightly fading away but that night scared the soul out of Tian's body. Chief Phu desperately wanted to pat Tian's head and sniff in his intoxicating caramel scent to relax when he looked into at wholesome face. 'Haa, he's so squishable'

"Ahem!" Nam faked. The fake cough asking for the couple's attention and remind them of their surrounding. "If you're done with exchanging pleasantries" then he placed his hand horizontally to the side of his lips to whisper that read "if you're done flirting" and then continued in his cheerful tone "let's play a game, I'm off duty and it's Phu's time off too. Tian what do you say?'' Tian gave an approving nod "ah ah, let's play! But, what about Hawhna? Don't you need to rest?"

"I'll be fine." He assured Tian with a slight nod and a rare smile. "Rang what about you? Will you join us?"

"Surely krab" Rang replied with a broad smile. 

"HOOO, look at the green giant, isn't he handsome when he smiles?"  Dr Nam immediately chuckled and winked at his best friend who rolled his eyes at Mou who never lets go of an opportunity to tease his best friend these days. To Dr Nam's amusement, the kid joined in it too. "True, true, Huwhna seems much happier these days," Meejo said with a smile. "Why not? Since Tian has returned Chief Phupha's smiles are not rare." 

"Only to you kids and Tian," Rang complained but he immediately retracted with a nervous smile when he felt a pair of sharp eyes dangerously glaring at him. "See I told you" Rang muttered under his breath.  

"Phi! Kids! Let's stop teasing the green giant now na." Tian tried to hide the snicker that went unnoticed by Chief Phupha "He is as cold as ice."  Though Tian was smiling he felt a weird feeling creeping up his spine, something naughty that hinted that Chief Phupha wasn't going to let this slide easily and looked over to the chief who stood there with his hands folded leaning against the railing looking calm as a sea. 

Soon, the kids along with Nam gathered outside the school and shortly Rang joined them excitedly while the group was pitching ideas and finally, everyone settled on 'capture the flag'

"There're some balloons left from the new year party na, why don't we use them, we can fill them with water?" Ayi suggested The rest of the kids buzzed in on the idea again.

"Ayi, what if you kids catch a cold if we play with water?" Tian stepped in on their conversation.

"Na an. an  Phiiii si Tian only for a short while, please!" Tian helplessly looked at Huwha who was silently watching them. Tian signalled Chief Phupha to approve of the idea to which he gave an approving nod.