8- Mistletoe | Jonah

You walked downstairs as the doorbell rang to open the door as your guests came rushing in including your brother, Y/B/N, and his family.

"Hey, sis!" He said giving you a hug.

"Hi, Y/B/N."

"You remember my friend Jonah right?"

You nodded. Jonah was his best friend all throughout high school.

"Well, he's staying with us this Christmas." He said.

"Ok," you replied.

You were used to this every year someone always brought a plus one and you usually ended up with more people than you had space for. But you guessed it was the spirit of Christmas or whatever.

You just wanted this to be over with so you could go back to your home in Toronto, it was better there. No family or friends to disturb you and you could do whatever you wanted.

"Hey." Said man was standing in front of you smiling.

"Hi."

He looked different from the last time you had seen him which must've been a few years ago. He had a different style which you had to admit actually looked good on him.

"Nice to see you again." He winked strolling in and looking around to see what had changed.

You rolled your eyes and closed the door. Hopefully, that'll be the last of the guest you hated being stuck with the job of "door opener".

You went to your seat and started scrolling through your phone, bored.

"So, how you've been?" Someone asked.

You rolled your eyes, couldn't people catch up quietly.

Suddenly your phone was snatched away from you.

"Hey, Y/N I was talking to you." You looked up to see Jonah smirking at you.

"What do you want?" You sighed. "And can you give me my phone back? Please and thank you."

"I asked you a question first."

"And I asked you second. Glad we're stating the obvious. Now, my phone." You stretched out your palm.

"What crawled up your ass and died there?"

"Language." Someone yelled. "There are children here."

"Right. Anyway, what's up? Why do you look like you would rather choke on ice cream than be here."

"Because I would," You said.

"Why? What's so bad about being here with family?" He asked confused.

"That's the problem. Family AND random strangers want to know what's going on in my life or why I don't have a boyfriend yet. Anyway, I hate it." You explained.

"Well, what about your holiday spirit?" He asked.

"Don't have one."

"Wow, you're a hopeless case."

"Thanks, but it's not the first time I've heard that," you said.

Why won't this man leave me alone? I just wanted my phone so I could have something to pass time. You thought.

"Umm, ok." He handed you your phone back and went into the kitchen either to go chat with someone or to try and eat the food. you were pretty sure it's was the latter one.

▪▪▪

"Y/N, time to clean up." Your mom said.

Another reason you hated holidays, being the youngest you were always stuck with the job of doing everything no one else wanted to do.