Alone Isn't Always Lonely

"I'm just glad y'all are safe! I don't know what I would do

"I'm just glad y'all are safe! I don't know what I would do..."

"You can't get rid of us that easily," TK said as he kissed her head. Maddy felt Carlos tighten his grip on their group hug.

"Why do you still your backpack?"

"Oh yeah! That reminds me!" Maddy said as she broke the hug. She dug through her bag and found what she was looking for. "Ah-ha! Here you go.. no fire damage, I don't think." Maddy said as she handed Carlos and TK their phones.

"Mads.. you're insane." TK chuckled playfully.

"They were on the table.. easy to grab. I was going for my bag anyway.... need this thing," she shrugged.

"Yeah. Why is that?" Carlos asked. TK winked at Maddy. "Don't ask babe.."

Too late.

"Wellllll... I have medical supplies, like a little go-pack.. and my important documents, house keys, stuff from my mom, and your important documents.. and Owen's.."

"Wait.. what?" Carlos managed a chuckle.

"Yeah.. hang on." Maddy shrugged as she dug into her bag once again. "Yep.. here! In this tin.. my SS card, copies of yours, TK's, Owen's.. and maybeeee the other members of the 126.." she cleared her throat. "Like blood types and shit like that."

"And how did you get these documents?" Carlos inquired, hiding his laughter.

"I may or may not have.. uh, snuck into Owen's office one day, and made copies of y'all's personnel files.. just in case anyone needs them, for notification or safety reasons! Like now! Owen's office is fucked...? Tag me in!" Maddy shrugged again.

"That's hilarious. And adorable.. you're always thinking ahead." Carlos chuckled as he sniffed away tears. Maddy pulled him into a hug, relieved that he and TK were okay.

"Shit! What are you guys gonna do?! All your stuff... and your home?!" Maddy started to cry again. "You can stay with me if you need!"

"Thanks Mads. I'm sure we'll split our time between places.." TK said as he pulled her into his chest, and kissed the top of her head.
————————————————————————
Maddy had a terrible time falling asleep the first night after the fire at Carlos and TK's; she spent hours FaceTiming Carlos and TK, until everyone slowly drifted off to sleep.

Maddy didn't stay asleep very long; negative thoughts crept into her head, waking her up.

Maddy was worried sick about TK and Carlos— where would they live? How would they get all of their stuff back? Could they ever rebuild their house? They were spending a few days with Owen, Maddy was next, then Carlos's parents', and back to Owen's— they seemed content with that plan.

She tossed and turned, constantly checking the clock. Maddy was checking her phone for apartment listings, and had already purchased new almost-complete wardrobes for her boys.

Her mind was also drawn back to the night of her attack, especially now, after finding out that Billy used her, manipulated her, for his... benefit.
————————————————————————
Friday came around, and Maddy didn't feel like moving. She was full of sadness, and anger. Billy got what he wanted... her. The boys didn't have a house anymore.

But one thing she was not angry over: she finally told Carlos, and his dad, to arrest Billy for his attack on her— she was finally pressing charges.

Maddy laid in bed, tucked under her covers, staring at the TV, absentmindedly scrolling through her phone every once in a while. Maddy was different from TK and Carlos in that she liked being alone when she was upset.

She was feeling her anxiety and depression creep up on her, and she hated it. She managed to keep it at bay though, with her meds and lots of Tex pets.

*cause baby you were born this way..*
'Hey Teek. What's up?'

'Just checking in.. how are you?'

'I'm okay.. just laying in bed, petting Tex. The usual.'

'You want company?'

'Ehh.. I don't know Teek, not feeling that great.'

'Uhm.. well.. I'm outside.'

'Oh my god,' Maddy laughed. 'You have your key, come on in.'

"Mads?" TK called once he got inside Maddy's apartment. Tex heard his voice and trotted out into the hallway to greet him. "In my room Teek!" Maddy called back.

"Hey girl," TK smiled at Tex, before he knocked on Maddy's door.

Maddy smirked to herself, "enter.. loyal subject."

"You're so weird," TK laughed as he flopped down on Maddy's bed. "How are you?"

"Ehhh. Not as bad as I was few days ago.. but I'm just so angry. He KNEW that Owen was in the CLEAR, he was helping him for god sakes.. and he still used my love for him against me. I just still feel so dirty, and sad, angry..."

TK reached out and carefully grabbed her hand, "may I?" Maddy shook her head. "I know Mads.. I'm so sorry. I wish I could help you. Have you talked to your therapist yet??"

"No actually. But I have a phone call into her! We'll probably have a session this weekend at some point."

"That's good then boo! That'll help!"

"Yeah, for sure." Maddy smiled, and leaned forward onto TK's shoulder. She sighed as she rubbed his muscular arm, "love you boo. How's the apartment or house hunting going? And did y'all get my gift yet??"

"Coming along fine! And yes we did.. that was highly unnecessary babes. But thank you.. love you too."

"Good! Just glad y'all got them!"

"I have a surprise for you then, too.." he added cheekily. "But, ya gotta get out of bed.."

"UGH! Bae... whyyyy?" Maddy whined. TK chuckled as he started to tug on his best friend's arms. "Because.. you're gonna love what I have for you.." he winked. Maddy sighed, but begrudgingly obliged, and stretched before getting out bed.

TK left her alone for a moment to change. She threw on a pair of blue sweatpants over her shorts, and made sure to put a bra on— even though she had no idea what TK was up to, she wanted to be more presentable, if only for him.

"Cmon Mads!" He called from the hallway.

Maddy scoffed silently, "I'm coming Teek!" She couldn't help but laugh. She walked to her door and opened it. TK pounced, "close your eyes.."
"Sheeeesh, must be some surprise.." Maddy joked.

"Oh it is..."

"Okay.. eyes are closed."

"Good." TK said as she grabbed her hand and let her into her living room. "Okay.. open."

"Okay.. what is the...? Ah! OH MY GOD..."