You Just Might Have To

Maddy has a history of panic attacks from her anxiety disorder, but very few people have ever been told about them; TK and her mom are the only two people who've ever seen Maddy have a panic attack

Maddy has a history of panic attacks from her anxiety disorder, but very few people have ever been told about them; TK and her mom are the only two people who've ever seen Maddy have a panic attack. Owen knows about her anxiety disorder, but even he hasn't seen her have one or had to help her through one.

She isn't embarrassed by her anxiety, she just never wants to burden anyone with her issues, but she knows that one day she just might have to.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Thanks for letting us stay over last night Maddy," Buck said as he saw Maddy emerge from her room, wearing one of Eddie's shirts.

"Hey Buck, morning! Of course.. anytime! I would've asked you to stay here the whole time too, but Ed said you were just fine in a hotel," Maddy shrugged with narrow eyes. Buck laughed, "yeah.. I was fine. Is he letting you keep that shirt?" He pointed to the large blue shirt that was draped over her frame, just barely hiding the pair of Tim's shorts she was wearing.

"Yes he is. Is that a problem, Evan?" She smirked at him. He averted eye contact with a smirk back, "not at all. Looks good on you. The shorts do too actually."

Maddy smiled a huge smile, "thanks! The shorts... are uhm, were my... uhm.. boyfriends." The smile quickly left her face when she thought about everything. She started to panic slightly. "I'll be right back Buck. Gotta pee." She quickly wobbled into her bathroom and the tears started to flow.

"Tim..." she whispered as quietly as possible as she pulled her EMT badge necklace out from beneath her shirt. "I love you. I never stopped. Please know that." She sniffed as she thought about the man laying in her bed, and how she liked him, already. She was broken up by it.

How can she like someone already?! She still loves Tim.. she just made room in her heart, but is it too soon? Maddy pondered this thought for a few minutes more, before she kissed the necklace and gently dropped it back beneath her shirt.

She forgot that she wasn't wearing her boot, and the pain from her ankle started to creep up on her. Maddy was very much aware that she still didn't tell anyone why she fell— her left knee gave out. Why worry her mom and the guys if there's nothing to worry about?

Maddy snapped out of her trance when she heard a quiet knock on the bathroom door, "it's Teek." She quickly opened the door and pulled him inside. "What am I doing?!" She said to him.

He looked at her crookedly, "what do you mean?"

"How can I like Eddie already?! It's only been like a little more than two months since I lost Tim. And I still love him!"

"Mads.. Eddie knows that. And yeah you like him, but it's still the lust stage right now, which is normal. Just tell him how you're feeling, that you aren't ready for something like this yet. He's a cool guy, he'll understand." TK said to her as he pulled her in close and kissed her forehead.