Storming back into the battle, I could see more of the soldiers had fallen. An even amount from each side as the creatures began pushing Asgard's soldier further back.

They were separating the legion and creating a gateway between them straight to the palace.

They need to fall back into their lines.

Fall back into your lines.

"FALL BACK INTO YOUR LINES!" I yelled, before clashing my sword against a creature that advanced on me.

We were losing the upper hand but I wasn't their general. I didn't give commands but, if they didn't fall back into their lines soon we would be overrun.

The tangy, metallic smell of blood, sweat, and death consuming the air around us.

Puddles of crimson and dirt pooled in the slopes and potholes of the cobblestone path ahead.

Where's Thor?

Where Sif and the warriors three?

Where's Loki?

I hadn't seen him since the day before and even then we hadn't spoken much since the time I was here. Partly because he was never at dinner.

I didn't see him walking around the halls or hidden between the bookshelves in the library and I most certainly hadn't heard from him about his end of our deal.

Not that I hadn't expected any less from him than to not follow through with it.

More guards from the palace came flooding through the streets, slaying each grey, scaled skin insight.

It had only been a few minutes after that that the area had finally cleared but, there were still more.

The armada of ships that had attacked the city was out of the sky but the creatures that came with them seemed never-ending.

They flowed through the city like water through a stream. The sounds of the wounded and dying filling the air.

The first few kills I had made were the hardest. I hesitated slightly before making the clean-cut through their throats. Pausing to ease my stomach as much as possible.

I was heading through one of the empty houses to check if it was secure when a hand grabbed me by the elbow.

Out of instinct, I swung, my fist colliding with the soft skin of their cheek. They grunted in pain as I turned to see who had grabbed me.

Shit.

"Gods, I'm so sorry."

"It's quite alright Lady Y/N, glad to know your reflexes still work." the soldier said as he rubbed his cheek, a pink circle beginning to form. "You're needed back at the palace. It's the queen."

I looked between the palace and the city for a moment.

Could it wait?

"It's urgent," he answered almost as if he'd read my thoughts.

I sheathed the dagger that I held in my left hand, sword in right and began running towards the palace.

The sound of metal against metal becoming more and more distant as I quickly skipped up the steps. It didn't last long as the battles inside the palace were ongoing.

I slipped through the doors and into one of the empty hallways keeping as close and as silent to the wall as possible.

I found my way through the castle and in front of the queen's chambers in a matter of minutes.