Chap 12 (how a story is created)

Beginne am Anfang

No response

"Are you mad at me?" I asked her, pulling her eyes to mine with my words, then her hands to my waist as she hugged me tightly

"Can I not eat?" her voice was shaky indicating that the tears have started running.

"*sigh*. You got the cat in didn't you?" She was silent for a couple of seconds so I urged her "Jazz". She mumbled in return. "I can't hear you" I stated, to which she lifted her head and rested her chin on my chest, I looked down as she looked up and met me with her pleading tired teary eyes.

"I threw up an- and I don't feel good" her pale skin and tired eyes were getting me worried, my hand moved from her back to her hair pulling a strand of her front long bang to the side and positioning it behind her ear 

"I can't keep letting you get away with this jazz"

"Please" I noticed her chin quivering when she pleaded with me with her words and eyes but I couldn't, this is a life and death matter, her health is deteriorating.

"If you eat I will grant you a wish" she whined shaking her head before she planted it on my chest "I'll stop teasing you, ok?" I hugged her tight and caressed her head trying to soothe her and convince her of eating "Jazz, I'll do whatever you want me to. Do you want me to feed you?"

She shivered and quivered in my hold, creating tension in my body. I positioned both my hands on each side of her face before I forced it to face mine. Red teary eyes and a red nose met my gaze; she had it hard. 

My words at the beginning might have given the wrong impression of the situation and made it seem quite easy and simple, like everything was alright; I got jasmine back, and finally, it was the awaited happily ever after. The reality was far from that, I did get to be by her side, however, Jasmine was dealing with stress that she couldn't control nor release, even my presence wasn't that great of a help, but it eased her mind when she knew I was near. 

My presence with her family was like two worlds colliding for her, something that her head needed time to get used to and take in slowly, yet my absence made it worse as she feared that she wouldn't see me again. So, in this situation, all we could do is wait for her and brighten her mood to our full capacity to decrease her stress. But as we wait and try, her stress is getting a toll on her body and she is losing her appetite and growing weak.

"I love you" I repeated as I wiped her tears and planted a kiss on her forehead

"I-" she hiccuped before she spoke again "I love you too" she finally said it back to me today, making me smile unconsciously. 

"I'm here, Jazz. I'll eat with you, okay? We will eat then we will go watch a movie, okay?"

"I can't" she threw her head back in annoyance and was about to start fretting but I stopped her; pulling her head back, and with my hands on both of her cheeks I stuck my forehead to hers. hoping the proximity would soothe her. 

Her body tensed as her hands jumped to my wrists holding them tight. Her breath hitched for a second before it went back smoother than it was a minute ago. I felt the tension slowly leave her body making her hands loosen their grip on mine. 

"I promise you it will pass. You just need to listen to me and eat. We will get over this together, you won't throw up and you won't feel dizzy. You'll be able to jump and run around like before and I will take you back to the shop." I whispered as I closed my eyes, frustrated that I can't ease her pain and frustration instantly.

If I could feel it in her stead I would.

 If I could get through what she does instead of her, I would.

She nodded before her hands slid from my wrists to the back of my hands, jolting me back to reality, opening my eyes to take her in, knowing what kind of look she would give me in a moment like this... And I wasn't disappointed.  

"Achichi" I started in a whisper to which she answered in the same tone "Bo". We grinned at each other before I decided to end this moment and pick her up from the stool to the counter so she can be on the same level as mine; a loud shriek erupted from her lips as she held onto my shoulders for life afraid to fall after her feet left the ground. 

"I'm making a salad, mac and cheese, and I'll blend some fruits for you to drink. We will eat together and we will watch your favorite"

"Lion King?" she perked up

I nodded, making her jump up and down while wiggling her dangling feet with excitement. No one could believe that she was crying a second ago if it wasn't for the tear stains on her face.

Did she eat?

She did.

Did we watch the movie?

We did.

Did our parents notice our absence the whole day?

They didn't.

But when it was already late and I had to leave for a dinner meeting with Richard things got a little hard... for me. One sentence, one phrase turned my head and stomach upside down, making me feel all jittery and all over the place.

"You're-  leaving?"

"I'll be back tomorrow morning, we'll have breakfast together"

"Stay with me"

"jazz. i-"

"You promised to grant me a wish"

"i-"

"I don't want you to go" she held my hand with her two and pulled me back to sit in my still-warm spot on the sofa beside her "Stay with me"

Goodness!

I swear I will put a ring on your finger!!