Ch 6

"Let me see it." Dumbledore says as I scratch at my new tattoo.

"I'm not sure what it means," I say, showing him the strange wave on my forearm. Its simple, just a few waves outlined with blue.

"I'm sure it's just a sign of your heritage my dear." He replies.

"Yeah" I say, distracted with thoughts of someone I still had to talk to before the year ended.

"How have you been Alexandria?" Dumbledore asks.

"I'm fine" I say, that being my default answer these days.

"I'm sure you will be"

******************************************************

http://www.polyvore.com/13/set?id=149962523

"Why you little-" Fred yells, chasing me down the stairs of Number 12 Grimmauld Place.

I shriek, clutching the object closer to my chest. "Don't!" I yell, laughing. Our shouting has caught the attention of Lady Black's painting.

"Filth! In my most Noble House of-!" She yells, I cut her off by absent mindedly waving my had in her direction. The curtains snap closed, leaving Fred and I in blissful almost-silence.

"Alex!" George whisper yells, "Give it back!"

"Never!" I reply, smirking at their twin faces of hopeless determination.

******************************************************

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=150447601

"Meeting tonight?" I ask the twins, Laying on one of their beds, scratching on my tattoo.

"We think so, wanna try the Ears again?" George asks, pulling out a few Extendable Ears.

"Yes!" I say, leaping up and nearly bolting down the stairs. I run into Dora, who laughs quietly.

"Where d'ya think you're going Missy?" Mad-eye asks, smiling fondly at me.

"I was gonna get a snack, where are you going?" I say, Dora steadying me.

"Have an apple" Mad-eye says, producing one out of his pocket.

"He's awful sweet on you..." Dora giggles in my ear.

"Shuddup" I say, taking a huge bite of the Fuji Mad-eye tossed at me.

"We're gonna go pick up Harry!" Dora says, grabbing her broom from the closet.

"Ooh!" I say, bouncing. "Can I come! Ooh,can I, can I!"

"And this is why we don't tell her things, Tonks." Remus says, making his way to the door.

"Jeez, I didn't think you wouldn't let her come...." Dora says, looking quickly back and forth between the men.

"O'course she's coming now." Kingsley says, smiling at me, towering at least two feet above my head.

"Yay!" Dora and I exclaim, Lady Black's curtains blasting open.

"Oi, Shut it you!" I yell, her drapes shooting closed in surprise. Mad-eye quirks an eyebrow, handing me a broom.

"Think you can keep up?" He teases, I grab the Nimbus 2000.

"Speak for yourself." I say, bolting for the door. I get outside and see just who's coming. It's: Kingsley, Mad-eye, Emmeline Vance, Dora, Elphias Doge, Remus, Dedalus Diggle, and Hestia Jones.

"You coming or what?" Dora yells inside, Mad-eye was still speaking to Mrs. Weasley about something.

"Coming, coming." He says, then mutters something about pushy women.

******************************************************

"Hiya Harry" I say, bouncing into his house.

"Hey... What're you doing here?"

"We're here to kidnap you!" I say, covering his mouth and fake dragging him towards the door.

"Come on!" Harry says, struggling.

"It's easier for the both of us if you don't struggle" I whisper in his ear.

"Now now, stop that." Remus says, pinching my side.

"Remus!" Harry hugs him, leading us into the kitchen.

Dora and I laugh, hopping onto the gleaming counters.

I love this summer, I never want it to end.

******************************************************

http://www.polyvore.com/20/set?id=150448146

I adjust the scarf over my sweater. I got the sweater as a gift from Remus, a gag gift to be specific. It had wolves howling at the moon, it was silly, but I love it. I stick the flower Sirius found in the garden into my braid, shoving a beanie over the top of my head.

"Hey Alex" Sirius says when I enter the dining room, "Meetings about to start."

"Okay," I say settling into my chair.

"It means split, kid." Mundungus Fletcher spits, drinking more fire whisky.

"I'm going to stay. Thank you, Dungface." I say, putting my hands on the table and glaring at the drunk.

He sputters and Remus walks in, "It's for your own good that you go upstairs."

"Why?" I ask, defeated. "I don't see how not knowing is helping me!"

"It's not like Tonks doesn't already tell you everything anyway" Sirius says and Dora blushes, slipping out of the room.

"Not wanting you to know isn't the reason for you not being allowed to the meetings." Remus explains.

"It actually wasn't our idea. It was Dumbledore's." Sirius adds

"Well, he's not here, is he?" I argue, standing defiantly.

"Alex.... It was more of Dumbledore suggesting it and we took it seriously." Remus says, and it dawns on me.

"Is there something I don't know!?" I yell, they flinch.

"Not something you don't know..." Remus starts,

"More like someone we don't want you to see..." Sirius finishes.

"What are you talking about...?" I ask, Dora pulls me out of the room and pushes me up the stairs.

"Stay," She says, racing back to the room. She comes back moments later. "Come on," She pulls me to the room I'm staying in.

"What's going on Dora?" I seethe

"They don't want you to see Snape." She says in a rush.

"What? Why?" I ask

"Because, he makes you vulnerable, you make him vulnerable.. you know, important stuff" I hear Order members come through the house below.

"Why?" I ask again.

"You know... the whole Soul mate-y thing."

"Eh?"

******************************************************