002

ੈ♡₊˚•. ˖⋆ ━━━━━⠀1980'S HORROR FILM !
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ ⋯ ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ ˓ 𑁍ࠜೄ
CHAPTER TWO・*: ·. ⇌ ஜ .·: *

Phoebe is sat with her head pulled back, gentle fingers weave through her hair.

With her eyes closed, she rests her back against the cobblestone, in between Oliver's legs as he pulls pieces of her hair into a French braid.

"What kind of questions did they ask you, Sidney?" Tatum asked, sitting on the bench next to her boyfriend.

"Well, they asked me if I knew Casey," Sidney replies, softly.

"They asked me and Phoebe that, too," Tatum added, Phoebe hummed in agreement.

"Hey, did they ask if you like to hunt?" Stu nods at Billy, wrapping his arm around Tatum.

Oliver taps Phoebe silently; she hands him a hair tie as he ties off her second braid. The girl runs her hand over her braids, satisfied. Oliver was the only one with the ability to braid her curly hair, other than herself. He came in handy.

"Yeah, they did, did they ask you?" Billy recalled, sitting up.

"Hunt? Why would they ask you if you liked to hunt?" Tatum questions, scooting over so Phoebe could sit in between the Riley siblings.

"Because 98% of murderers are men and at least 63% of those men were known hunters," Phoebe reveals, stealing a chip from Tatum's bag.

Tatum and Stu tilt their head at Phoebe, "But. . . how do you know if the killer hunts?"

"Cause their bodies were gutted." Randy chimes in, a slight smirk on his lips. Sidney shifts uncomfortably, and Billy sighs.

"Thank you, Randy." Billy sneered, narrowing his eyes.

"They didn't ask me if I like to hunt." Tatum pouts, offended.

"That's cause there's no way a girl could've killed them." Stu laughs, taunting his girlfriend knowingly.

"That is so sexist. The killer could easily be female, basic instinct." Tatum disagrees, she gives Stu a nasty look.

"That was an ice pick. Not the same thing." Randy argues.

"Yeah, Casey and Steve were completely hollowed out. and the fact is, it takes a man to do something like that." Stu agrees, nodding at Randy.

Phoebe leans forward, "not necessarily." She chimes in.

This catches Billy's attention, studying her with a level gaze. "How do you mean?"

The girl shrugs, "It depends on the motive. . . every killer has a motive, no one just murders someone without getting something out of it."

"Why not?" Stu chimes in, peering at Billy uneasily.

Her nose scrunches, "the hell do you mean why not? It's basic fucking knowledge. . . but I know that's pretty hard for you." Phoebe pats Stu's knee, pursing her lips. Randy snorts from beside Oliver, Phoebe doesn't even look in his direction.

"How do you gut someone?" Sidney says after a long pause of silence, blinking rapidly- Sidney always looked like she was on the bridge of a breakdown. Maybe she was, that was never Phoebe's business.

Phoebe opens her mouth, "You take a knife and you slit them from the groin to the sternum." Stu beats her to it, enthusiastically.

Tatum elbows her boyfriend, her face twisted. Sidney swallows, and her eyes fall to the ground. Phoebe didn't know Sidney's mother well, or at all for that matter, but she didn't know how Sidney could picture her mother the same way Steven and Casey were. Phoebe definitely couldn't imagine her father like that, nor would she ever try to.