004

ੈ♡₊˚•. ˖⋆ ━━━━━⠀1980'S HORROR FILM ! 
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ ⋯ ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ ˓ 𑁍ࠜೄ
CHAPTER FOUR・*: ·. ⇌ ஜ .·: *

   "You're sick!"

   Pheobe rolled her eyes, adjusting the strap on her bag. "I'm not sick, I'm realistic." She argues, her foot bouncing up and down. 

   Sherriff Burke eyed her with a scowl, leaning back in her chair. "How many cups of coffee have you had this morning?" 

   Pheobe shrugged, glancing at the fourth cup in her hand. "Enough to tell me I'm not insane." 

   The man huffed, muttering under his breath. "Don't you have school? I don't have time for you to play detective every day, I have a real case on my hands." 

   "Yeah, and I have a real theory!" Pheobe shot up out of the chair, following the cop out of his office. 

   "Martha, what did I say about letting her into the station?" He asked, shouting up at the old woman from behind the door. 

   Martha narrowed her eyes; Pheobe wiggled her fingers at her. "She reached over the desk and pressed the button herself, sir." 

   Pheobe shrugged in innocence when the sheriff looked back at her. "We released Billy Loomis this morning anyways, there's not enough evidence." He revealed, shaking his head with another sigh. 

   Her eyes nearly shot out of her head, "you mean except from his literal girlfriend? What are you, dense?" She squealed, her grip tightening on her cup. 

   "The killer wore a mask, and his phone history was clean- aren't you supposed to be a detective? You can't keep someone held up for a feeling." The Sheriff defends, Pheobe smiles at Dewey as he shows up from behind the sheriff. 

   "Hey Dewey, how's Sid?" Pheobe questions, ignoring Burke. 

   Dewey shrugs, shoving his hands into his front pockets. The space under his eyes had darkened into sickly purple shadows, almost hollow. Pheobe frowned, not realizing just how long he spent all night sitting in front of Tatum's bedroom door where the girls slept. 

  "Oh, um. . . as good as she can be, I guess." He mumbled, rubbing his eyes. "I just dropped her and Tatum off, that place is a circus." 

   At the reminder of school starting, Pheobe was already an hour late to the first period. "Shit." She muttered, checking her watch once more. She adjusted her bag again, handing Dewey her coffee. He looked at her oddly, though she already started her trek through the station. 

   The brunette spun on her heel, walking backward. "You need it more than I do, I'll be back later." She winked at the sheriff, ignoring his groan.

   "I wish you wouldn't!" He called back, she held up her middle finger behind her as she walked out of the station. 

   Dewey was right, this place was an absolute shit show right now. Normally Pheobe would be cautious walking alone, but there were so many reporters and cops scattered in the streets that she wasn't even paying attention. Could she rule Sidney off her list? Pheobe doesn't think anyone could be ruled off at this point, though she doubts Tatum had a single violent bone in her body.

   Pheobe walked into school with a frown, most of the halls were empty at this point. She checked her watch again, 8:16, only four minutes until the second period started. The girl wandered around the hall quietly as she waited, a small grin as she spotted Stu filling his water bottle at the water fountain.