Chapter 9

"How the hell did I end up here?"

After leaving, Al kept walking around without even having a destination in his mind. Ignoring everything, Al was like a walking corpse wandering the city. He smiled and wondered why he kept thinking about a girl he had just met. But seeing how close Katis and Tamarinne were, he gave up all hope. Later, when his sense came back, he realized he was in front of a big building, where an infamous criminal organization stationed here. They even had their own square. After being promoted as the Security Chief, Al helped Cerise to gather clues and witnesses to destroy the organization and it was a big success. However, they failed to capture the head of the organization and he was nowhere to be found.

The influence of the organization was too big that a whole section of a city was under their control. After they were put down, from that day, this place was abandoned and was waited to be destroyed completely and no one was living here.

"Remind you of something?"

Suddenly, a male voice spoke from behind. Al turned back and saw the wanted man was standing there.

"Thanks to you, I lost everything, my fame, my reputation, my money, my men, because of you. If you hadn't come here, nothing would end up this badly," the man spoke but it seemed Al did not give a care.

Without saying anything, Al drew his pistol and shot his leg.

The man was shocked when he fell down. He spoke in anger, "What the hell?"

"You are a wanted man we have been hunting for you. You think I will listen to your blabbing and let you do what you want? Besides, I don't give a damn about the cause of your action. You commit crimes and you have to pay for it. Everything has its price," Al said.

"You said everything has its price?" the man then laughed maniacally, "Then you have to pay it, too."

Suddenly, both of them saw someone was here with them. They turned back and it was Tamarinne, who was shocked at what she just saw.

"Grab her!"

Al quickly turned to Tamarinne but another man rushed out from a hidden place and captured Tamarinne with a knife placed on her neck. After that, several men came out and they were all armed.

"Just in the nick of time. Young lady, you have my appreciation," the wanted man laughed when he looked at Tamarinne, "Don't worry. I'll definitely pay you handsomely after I cut his head off."

"Now, if you don't mind, why don't you put down that gun?" the man turned back to Al and asked, but he was surprised that Al did not get his eyes of Tamarinne. He then waved his hand and the thug who captured Tamarinne placed the chop of his knife on her face, before he spoke, "You don't want a scar on that cute face, do you?"

And then, a gunshot banged. The next thing everyone saw was the thug that was capturing Tamarinne fell back, with a hole on his head. The wounded man was shocked and so were his accomplices. Immediately, Al rushed towards Tamarinne and grabbed her arms, before he pulled her with him.

"Release it!"

The wanted man shouted. Not long after that, Al and Tamarinne heard a loud sound from the large building, and they were shocked at what came from it. Coming from the remnant of the building was a humanoid create as large as an average house. Its skin was red, its body was muscle and it had a big belly. Its face was like a combination between a human and a gorilla, with two large teeth of a boar. Al and Tamarinne were stunned at the monster.

"Kill them! Now!"

The wanted man shouted as he took control of the monster. The monster then looked at him when he was being pulled up by his accomplices. Suddenly, it charged at them and smashed them to death, before killing anyone on its side.