𝗑𝗏𝗂𝗂𝗂 - 𝖻𝗂𝗍𝗍𝖾𝗋𝗌𝗐𝖾𝖾𝗍 𝗀𝗈𝗈𝖽𝖻𝗒𝖾𝗌

hello lovelies, third year is officially over <3 I wanted to let you know that I appreciate all of your support and kind words

hello lovelies, third year is officially over <3 I wanted to let you know that I appreciate all of your support and kind words. have a happy rest of your week! xoxo, luna

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

╰┈➤ ElSIE'S POV 

Elsie awoke to a low-pitched ringing in her ears. As her eyes fluttered open, immense pain shot through her skull; she closed them immediately, pressing the back of her palms onto her eyelids. "Argh," she groaned. It felt as if her head were about to split open.

"She's awake!"

A blur of voices, the scuffing of shoes across the linoleum floor, and the sound of a door opening and closing came from somewhere in the distance.

Elsie reopened her eyes slowly, letting them adjust to the brightness of the room. The golden ribbons of light dancing across the walls told her it was sometime in the evening. As her vision came steadily into focus, Elsie realized she was in the hospital wing; the bed directly in front of her was empty, but the sheets were pulled back and wrinkled as if someone had been sleeping there.

"Elsie?" said a voice. "Elsie? Can you hear me?"

Turning her head to the right, Elsie saw Harry hovering over the side of her bed, his green eyes full of worry. Startled by the sight of him, she nearly rolled off the bed. "Harry," breathed Elsie, clutching her side. "You scared me."

"Sorry about that," said Harry. Pain shot through Elsie's body as he helped her sit up against the cold, metal headboard. "How are you feeling?"

For a moment Elsie was confused, unsure of how she ended up in the hospital wing, but then a sudden flood of memories washed over her leaving her feeling slightly dizzy. Buckbeak's execution. The Shrieking Shack. Professor Lupin; werewolf. Sirius Black; innocent. Sirius lying near the edge of the lake. She and Harry fighting off dementors. Harry fainting in her arms...

"What happened to Sirius?" said Elsie suddenly. Her eyes were wide as she anxiously clutched her bedsheets. "The dementors— did they..." She shuddered at the thought of those demons sucking Sirius' soul from his body.

Harry chuckled, handing her a glass of water. "You just woke up from a coma and that's the first thing you ask?"

Elsie simply stared at him, holding the glass in her hand, waiting for an answer.

"He got away safely," said Harry, though his expression was far from relieved.

"Thank goodness," said Elsie, sighing with relief. She sipped some water from the glass and then frowned. "But how? You and I fainted after casting our Patronus charms..."

And then Elsie remembered something else. She had cast a corporeal Patronus that night; a dolphin. She had felt incredible— like she could do anything.