Chapter 8

Diana POV

Drago and I told uncle everything that happened.

"Are you sure of this". Uncle asked.

"Yes. Someone from your lab knows about us and our secret. I thought every member of the lab wrote a signature, pledging not to tell the secret".

"I did and they know the consequences. The person behind this must still be working for me. If this person is after us and has dracos brother will be under great risk".

"So what do we do". Drago asked

"Nothing for now. We can't hold up suspicion that we're just finding out about this. Keep low with the kids while I do some research and see any suspects". Uncle said. I nodded in agreement.

We stayed in the house for 2 days. Me and the kids didn't end up going to school since drago was really nervous for us so to keep him a piece of mind we stayed. I mostly cleaned the house and hung out with the kids and drago but I was really bored. But I was also worried about the person who knows about us. If he took draco a brother...what has he been doing with him.

James POV

I was sitting on my computer, reading Dereks document.

Derek was the father of Daniel. After what happened with his son he quit and went off to work somewhere else but rumor has it that he was working on an experiment as well. And it might've been 627.

Then John came in.

"Hey. Find anything out yet".

"No. I'm just trying to figure out where he's working at now". 

He walked over to me, sitting down. I got up to see if I could find his old documents.

"James..I don't think he's the person your looking for".

"John. His finger prints are all over it. He's probably doing this for revenge on us for what Diana did to his son. I mean I should know. A father will do anything to protect his kid".

"James..Derek moved to Europe with Daniel. He's not the guy".

He said. I froze.

"How do you know for sure".

I said, turning around. Once I did I saw that he was stood up, holding a gun and pointing it at me. I froze.

"Because it's me". He said. He shot something at me and I completely went into darkness.

Diana POV

I was cooking while drago and the kids were playing. I looked at the time nervously while putting the plates on the table.

"DINNERS READY". I said. The kids rushed over to the dinner table, eating as if their was no tomorrow. I walked up to Drago while he ate some of the food. "Somethings not right. Uncle isn't home yet. He always comes at this time and he isn't answering my calls". I said. "Relax. I'm sure it's just a miss malfunction on the lab. It happened a lot when I was their". He said. I nodded. "Your probably right". I said. He kissed my head while we sat down and ate.

(Time skip)

I was staring at a picture of mom and dad while drago came in from tucking in the kids. He walked over to me and hugged me from my waist. I smiled while holding his arms. "So that's how your parents looked. You never really talked about them a lot". He said. I stared at the picture. "When I was 12 I was home alone. Having the mindset that I was never going to find love and was better off on my own until they passed. I was lost, I couldn't even figure out who I was anymore..I was now an outsider..a freak..until the children..and then you". I said, looking up at him. He smiled, kissing my cheek. "I'm sure they're very proud of you right now". He said.

"I do hope so".

(Time skip)

I was cooking with drago while the kids played. We told Sebastian he could stay home for the time being since me and drago are home now.

I stirred the pancake batter, nervously while drago cooked the bacon. "He's still not here yet.   He hasn't been since yesterday. I doubt something happened in the lab". I said. "I'm sure he's studying some of the other creatures. Besides their quite incredible". He said. "This isn't like him. You might know him but I know him better. This isn't something he normally does and let me tell you he has no life outside these door neither does he even have any friends besides the people he works work". I said. "I'll call again to see". Drago said. Then someone knocked. "Thank god. that's probably him". I said, rushing to the food. I opened it but to mr surprise saw it was rose. "Oh thank god your home. I been so lonely. Alex went off too his championship". She said, walking in. "AUNTIE ROSE". The kids said rushing up to her. "HI BABIES. AUNTIES BROUGHT SOME GIFTS FOR YOU". She said. "YAYY". I giggled watching them. Drago walked over to me while wrapping his arm around me. "Auntie rose". He asked. I smiled. "This is Rose. She's my best friend. She learned about them when Daniel was after me. I hid in her placed with her brother". I said. She walked over to us, grinning. "Yes and I'm also the god mother of your children if something happens to you". She said. He smiled. "Wonderful. At least will have someone to take care of the kids when we need some alone time". He said. I giggled, walking to the kitchen. "We're making chocolate chips pancakes honey if your hungry". She said. "Ooooo. Chocolateee".

(Time skip)

Drago, Rose and I were sitting on the table while the kids were watching a movie.

"Wait so your uncle hasn't came home
Yet. Isn't he busy with work or something". She asked. "That's what I thought too but when I called his office he didn't answer. He always answers his calls no matter the reason". Drago said. "And he's always home". I said. "Well did something happened this week or something". She said. I then froze, not realizing it before.

"..It's a person that stole me from the lab..just stay safe..okay".

"Omg..627..he was warning me". I said. "62-who". Rose asked. Drago froze. "Drago brother. The one that was stolen from the lab. Someone that stole him has been working for us this whole time".

Out of know where the alarm went off. The kids flinched, looking at us. "MOM. DAD". They yelled while rushed up to us. We hugged them while we heard a glass break. "Into one of the rooms. Now". I said while we ran to one of them. I shut the door, putting the security lock on while drago opened the secret escape room. I rushed up to rose while giving her keys. "Rose. I need you to slide down their and find a car, stay their and wait for me and drago in their and leave the car on. We're gonna get a few things". I said. "On it". I said, taking the kids down the slide. I quickly grabbed everything we need, food, money, supplies and emergency kit. Drago held my hand. "Let's go". He said. Then the door unlocked and opened, seeing a man in all black with a mask. I froze in Terror. Drago quickly rushed over to him trying fighting him. "GO". He yelled while I rushed down the slide. I shook fearly, hitting the trash can and saw the car. I ran over to it, getting in, seeing all the children sitting down fearly. "Where's drago". She asked. I shook, fearly while tearing up. "I-I-I don't know. He was fighting the guy off and I went down the slide. I don't know". I said. Then someone hit their hand on the car, making us scream but it turned out to be drago. He got into the car, all bloody, holding his wound. "GO". He yelled while Rose quickly drove our. I climbed to the back seat where drago was, holding his wound while he laid on the back of the seat. "Omg". I said, crying while quickly getting the first aid kit, trying to stop the bleeding. "Daddy". Flora said, horrified while holding Aphrodite. "I'm fine princess. Daddy's gonna be okay". He said while I bandaged It.

"That son of a bitch does work at the lab. He knew my weakness. Gold".