“You’re big news.” I told Jackson.

“Yeah.” He grumbled. “I’ll have to call my manager and get all the publicity figured out and it’s going to be a bunch of work.”

“Give me his number, I’ll call him.” I said.

“You don’t have the first clue about this kind of stuff.” Jackson said with a half-smile.

“Well, no. But I can call him and get him down here. Let him know that you’re okay or something.” I said with a shrug, just wanting to help him out.

“Okay, fine.” He sighed, giving me his manager’s number as I fed it into my phone.

“Got it. Dad, manager, and Jenna.” I said, leaning down and encasing my brother in another bone crushing hug. “And I swear to god, if you ever scare me like that again, I will have you decapitated, circumcised with a dull knife, and then thrown into the Boston Harbor.”

“Again, can’t breathe.”

“Again, don’t care.” I teased, releasing him before giving him a kiss on the cheek and then disappearing out the door.

When I made it back to the waiting room, all eyes were on me, waiting for some kind of news about Jackson.

“He’s okay.” I said with a breathy sigh. I could hear a collective sigh of relief from everybody in the room and shoulders relaxing, tears drying up. “And Jenna, he wants to talk to you.”

“Me?” Jenna asked in disbelief. “W-why?”

“Oh, because you’re both hopelessly in love with each other yet you both tragically deny it.” I said with a small smirk before sitting down beside Kale and Andy as I watched a blushing Jenna scurry out of the waiting room.

“Are you okay?” Kale asked me, lacing his fingers with mine.

I offered him a tired smile. “Yeah, I think so. He’s just got a concussion and a twisted ankle. I mean, a concussion is bad- but it’s not nearly as bad as what my imagination was coming up with. Any news on Ryder?”

“He just got out of surgery but he’s still asleep.” Andy informed me.

“Where are your parents?” I asked curiously. “Shouldn’t they be here?”

“They had to go to Ontario for some emergency thing earlier this week. Dad tried to get Mom to come back, but she refused on missing whatever is more important than her kids.”

Kale scoffed. “Everything is more important than her kids.”

I leaned up and kissed him lightly on the lips and snuggled close to his side before I heard a loud shriek.

“Did you guys just see that?!” Elle squealed, staring directly at me and Kale.

“What?” I asked slowly.

“They just kissed!” Elle squealed. “They’re back together!”

The waiting room full of people started cheering like they’d just won the lottery, causing me to blush furiously and hide my face in Kale’s arm. It didn’t take long for the cheering to stop and a chorus of ‘It’s about time’s and ‘Finally!’s rang through the room.

Once everything was quiet and my humiliation level was lower, I stood to my feet. “I’m going for a walk.”

“I’ll come with you.” Kale offered.  

“Well, I have a few calls to make so I’ll go by myself. I don’t mind.” I said with a smile. I honestly just really needed to calm down after the worry I just went through, my body was still shaking. With one last peck, I made my way through the waiting room and towards the food court as I started calling my dad.