001|Redwater

The sound of a car engine alerted y/n to jump out of her trance, she had been staring at the page of her book for the past thirty minutes daydreaming about scenarios of imaginary men.

With a sigh the h/c haired girl stood up from her seat, grabbing her belongings, she approached her taxi, opening the rear door she climbed in and sat on the back seat of the car.

"Where to?" The taxi driver asked

"Redwater manor."

♧︎♧︎♧︎

The place was located outside the city in a nearby town in the country side, it took around two hours to get there and an other fifteen minutes to reach the manor as it was hidden within a secluded area surrounded by vegetation. Y/n was finally able to start a new life. She was able to purchase the property for a heavily discounted price of two-hundred pounds, the manor would've previously costed millions however due to people's superstitions the property became undesirable. Many of the towns people believed that the place was haunted. Y/n was heavily intrigued by this, she believed this mystical backstory gave the place character, however she couldn't help the slight feeling of fright at the back of her head. What if the place is truly haunted? I don't think I would be able to cope. Oh my God why am I getting scared now! Stop snap out of it- ghosts aren't real!

The taxi pulled into the drive way of the house, y/n payed the fee charged as the driver took her luggage out of the boot (trunk) of the car. Y/n thanked the driver and headed towards the large oak doors of the house. Key in hand she unlocked them and entered her new home.

Y/n was greeted by a grand foyer, it was large and magnificent with walls two storeys high and a massive chandelier hanging proudly in the middle of the room, whilst an opulent curved wooden stair case sat on the left hand side of the room leading to the on the second floor balcony that overlooked the space. The house had been recently renovated to its former glory, of course not everything was to
y/n taste; the place needed to be modernised, but that would be a job for an other day.

She made her way through the manor to find the master bedroom. Dragging her suitcase along, she got lost continuously through the maze like manor, which triggered frustration to build inside her. Eventually the h/c haired girl came to a stop and targeted a painting of a man to release her built up emotions.

"Gaah what are you looking at!"

Her focus then shifted to a nearby window,

"And why are the curtains such a horrid colour?!"

"What's wrong with my curtains?"

"Huh?"

As a man's deep voice reached her ears, y/n's body stiffened. The thought of a stranger being inside the house terrified her. She slowly turned towards the direction of the voice but nobody was there. She hoped it was all a fragment of her imagination so she wouldn't have to worry  wether or not something or someone would kill her in her sleep.

"Hello?"

"Good evening."

A scream left y/n's lips, she dashed down the corridor running as fast as she could leaving her suitcase along with the enigmatic voice behind.

After a few minutes of a soft jog, y/n caught her breath and entered a room with double doors. Finally she  found the master bedroom. She  threw herself on the bed and closed her eyes. She could hear her heart pounding in her chest, still shocked by what happened.

What the hell?! That was so strange and unexplainable- could that have been just a squatter? No impossible even squatters are scared of living in this place- could it have been a...ghost?

Y/n rustled and turned on top of her bed, thoughts clouding her mind.

"A shower might clear my head"

With that, y/n stood from her bed and headed towards her en-suite bathroom.

Problematic situations follow me everywhere  I go, when can I ever catch a break.

✞✞✞