T H R E E

yongmin lets out a dejected sigh.

they had been at this for over a week now. trying to get siwoo and daehyun out of their reinforced boxed prisons, exploring the museum in efforts to familiarize themselves with it and trying to enlist help from any of the others.

gumiho had joined them in their ventures throughout the night, eager to explore and see what their new home had to offer. she quickly grew upset, though, when she found that the siblings were right about it being practically impossible to get the keys from the guards.

"those annoying old men shouldn't even be working here, anymore. they're so goddamn old," yongmin complains in a whine, braiding his sisters hair per her request before they head out again.

his sister just rolls her eyes and picks herself up off the floor.

"we'll never find a way to get them out if we just continue to wallow here like we have. let's go. maybe tonight will be different."

sighing, yongmin abandons his attempts to finish braiding her hair, and allows his sister to lead him out. they'd taken to abandoning their shoes within their exhibit every night, not wanting to risk drawing the attention of the guards in any way, so they ran around in their socks and tights. they waved to the cavemen, stopped briefly at the easter head to chat for a couple minutes until cecil and the others would come by, and even approached teddy.

they hadn't yet asked him for help, taking his warning about not provoking the guards as him trying to stay out of any possible trouble, but they were running out of options.

i mean, it's not like they could ask the huns for help. they may be strong, but they're crazy. and neither of them speak hunnish.

"teddy, can we ask you something?"

the man turns to look at them from atop his horse, having been doing his rounds around the first floor when they came upon him. he raised an eyebrow at the siblings and ambled down from the saddle, smiling once he reached the ground.

"what can i do for you fine young people? hopefully you two haven't gotten into trouble, i hope," he teases slightly, but there was an underlying tone to his words that almost made harin's back straighten at it. it reminded her of their late father, and it was not something she wanted to think about right then.

"well, it has to do with siwoo and daehyun. you know, the other two in our exhibit?" yongmin starts off, noticing the blank expression on his sisters' face and deciding to talk for the both of them. at teddy's nod, he continues.

"we need help getting them out of their boxes. since we woke up our first night here, we've been trying every method we can possibly think of to get them out, but there's simply been no way to do so. the boxes are impenetrable and locked down heavily, even being nailed into the floor so we can't try to tip them over and see if there's an opening underneath."

teddy followed his explanation carefully, furrowing his brow before nodding in determination.

"of course i will help, my friends! it is wrong of the guards to keep them locked up when they can just close your exhibit hall instead, but they can be quite lazy when they feel like it. do you have an idea on how to get them out?"

collecting her thoughts and pushing them away, harin rejoins the conversation and smiles eagerly at the man, quietly clapping her hands in joy. "yes, we do have an idea! we just need to steal the keys off the old men, and then-"