T W O

on the second night of being brought back to life, yongmin and harin were quick to try whatever they could to get the locked up lovers out of their boxes. unfortunately for them, the boxes were some weird reinforced glass, probably made to make sure nobody could randomly break them and steal the figurines or destroy them.

even gumiho had attempted to break the glass by staying in her statue form, trying to knock the boxes over. it didn't work, though, because they were nailed into the ground.

sighing, yongmin pulls away and slumps against gumiho's pedestal. "this is pointless. without the keys, we can't do shit."

"maybe we could find a different exhibit to help us out?" his sister suggests, making all their eyes widen as they stare at her. she shrinks back slightly under their gazes, asking, "what? it's just an idea."

"you're brilliant," the nine-tailed fox states, shifting into her eerily beautiful human form. harin flushes, turning her head away to avoid looking at her and instead at her brother. the younger researcher was just smirking at her, an eyebrow raised, before he looks back at the other three.

"rin and i can go out and try to enlist help from the other exhibits. i doubt the guards will come by, seeing as they think you're a regular statue and that we can't leave our photo, so it makes this room easy to dismiss. we'll be back soon."

nodding, gumiho moves back to her pedestal and shifts into a statue again, watching the siblings as they leave the korean exhibit hall.

"good luck!" siwoo calls out, having been quiet a majority of the night, and daehyun echoes it with a worried grin.

on soft feet - seeing as they'd taken off their shoes to make sure they wouldn't get caught, and were now in their socks, or tights in harin's case - the pair of researchers made their way down the huge halls of the museum, eyes wide with wonder as they stare at the world of history around them. seeing the physical renditions of the two men they had researched for years was one thing, but seeing an entire museum full of history about many different cultures they hadn't known about when they were truly alive?

it was truly glorious, to them, to experience all this history coming to life.

it was confusing, though, when they didn't see any other exhibits wandering around. chatter wasn't bouncing off the high walls of the museum, there were no footsteps other than their barely detectable ones. it was almost eerily silent. it was disturbing that there was barely any noise, up until they came across the "safari" exhibit, as said by the plaque on the wall. there were many animals being as loud as they could be, and some lions were even clawing at the gates the guards had put up.

sighing sadly, harin takes her brother's hand and leads him away from the yowling animals, making him pout sadly. he'd always had a fascination with exotic animals, and seeing them locked up and sad just made him sad as well.

"we need to find someone that's not locked up," she whispers, dragging him by the hand down the hall. nodding, yongmin removes his hand from hers and speeds up to match her pace. the two scurry down the halls, avoiding where the three night guards could be heard taunting different exhibits, but they stopped when they came upon a large statue of a weird head.

"you new, dum dums?" the huge head booms, shocking them. the female looks at the plaque, murmuring to her brother about the huge statue was an "easter head." whatever that meant.