O N E

the first thing the young man awoke to, was his sister staring at him with enlarged, confused eyes. she looked him over, observing every inch of him, and once his memories finally caught up to him, he gasped and hugged the shorter woman.

"i thought you died," he murmurs into her hair, nuzzling his face into her neck in relief. but as he pulls away, he raises an eyebrow at the familiar clothes she wore.

both of them look around, eyes narrowing in utter confusion. they hadn't seen the study in so long, they almost forgot how homely it was for them. the young man, yongmin, let his eyes and hands glaze over the different books and papers that had been strewn about, when his thoughts came to him and he turned to his older sister.

"rin."

her head turns to him, a calculating glint he was familiar with shining in her gaze, one that he matched.

"this was when we took that photo. how are we..."

he shrugs, going to look back at the calendar on the desk nearby, when his gaze caught on something strange. it was an opening, but weird light was coming through it, along with what sounded similar to yelling and banging.

the siblings share another glance, nodding, then move towards the opening to see what was going on. their eyes widen to see figures on the other side of the opening, two of them in glass boxes. one was yelling while the other banged on his glass box ferociously, it unfortunately not doing anything to it.

"ah, looks like these are some lively ones."

all heads snap towards the new voice, seeing three elderly men staring around the room that the men in boxes were in. both siblings narrow their eyes at the men, not trusting them.

they were weirdly dressed, that was for sure. two were tall while the other was short; two were caucasian while the other was of african heritage, but they all seemed like americans.

the taller caucasian smiles, looking between the trapped figures and the opening where the siblings stood, glaring in confusion.

"now, we know this is very strange, but we'd like to give you all the rundown of this place. can you understand english?"

the trapped ones didn't say anything, just giving confused looks, but the siblings share another nod.

"we do," harin states in english, only a slight accent to her words, and the three old men snap their attention to the two of them. their eyes widen, the black man saying out loud, "well, that's a new one."

"anyways," the supposed ringleader of the trio says, bringing the attention back to him, and he smiles at the siblings. "i am cecil, and these are my buddies reginald and gus. we are the night guards of the natural history museum, where you all are now exhibits. to explain how, is that many years ago, the pharoh ahkmenrah arrived here with his magic tablet, and that night, all the exhibits came to life. you guys are new, so please introduce yourselves."

yongmin took a moment to relay the information to the surprisingly quiet men in the glass boxes, before his eyes widened once getting a good look at them.

"rin! rin, it's them!"

her attention snaps to the two, eyes widening and jaw dropping at the sight of the confused duo.