𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 22: 𝑇𝑜𝑟𝑦

Start from the beginning

✯¸.•'*¨'*•♡︎ ♡︎•*'¨*'•.¸✯

It was the next day, and I was at school. I was rummaging through my locker to find something. I found what I was looking for and stuffed it in my bag. Then I closed my locker and turned around.

I looked through the crowd of kids passing by, when I saw someone tall, with dark, wavy hair, and a blue flannel on. That could only be one person... Demitri.

I maneuvered through the crowd of people to catch up with him. "Hey! Demitri! Wait up!" I said, still pushing through people. I finally caught up to him, and he turned to look at me. I let out a small gasp and put my hand up to my mouth, although not fully covering it.

"Oh my god, what happened?" I asked, referring to the stitches and bandages that were covering his face. His jaw dropped slightly and he looked at me with an irritated face. "You mean you really don't know...?" He asked. "No, I-I don't..." I said, confused.

"Typical." He scoffed. Demitri turned and continued to walk to his next class. My eyebrows furrowed as I stood there for a moment, watching him walk away. Then not a moment later, I felt an arm wrap around my waist.

"Hey, you alright Princess?"

It was Eli. I took a moment to find the right words, before I spoke up. "Yeah, I'm fine, but.. Do you know what happened to Demitri?" I asked, looking up at Eli. He looked in Demitri's direction for a moment, before looking back down at me. "Uh, no. Knowing him, he probably got a little too into those lame ass video games he plays." He chuckled.

I let out a small, fake laugh, still concerned for Demitri. "Yeah. You're probably right." I said, still unsure. "Ready to go to math?" He asked, changing the subject. "God no. I hate math! It's too hard for me!" I said. "Oh come on. You're amazing, y/n. You're super smart. And I bet you'll do fine in there." He said, as we neared our next class. "Thanks Eli." I smiled.

✯¸.•'*¨'*•♡︎ ♡︎•*'¨*'•.¸✯

☞︎ HAWK'S POV ☜︎

"The back thrust kick works like this." Sensei said.

We were back in the dojo. Everyone was lined up and in position, watching Sensei introduce a new kick.

"You step, pivot... throw a side kick." Sensei demonstrated. "What about if your opponent attacks you from behind?" I asked, straightening my posture. "Excellent question, Hawk." Sensei said, to which I replied with a small nod.

It was quiet for a moment, before Sensei directed his gaze to Mr. Kreese; who we now call, Sensei Kreese.

I'm glad to have Sensei Kreese around. He's super badass, and seems to know what he's doing. Y/n though, thinks the opposite. She doesn't like him very much, I can tell. But I think she's being a little too paranoid.

"Certainly, Sensei Lawrence." Kreese responded. "You sure about this, Sensei?" I heard Miguel ask quietly from beside me. "There's nothing to worry about." Sensei Lawrence whispered back.

"The key to this move is making your enemy think you are retreating. But just as they let their guard down... That's when you strike the hardest." Kreese explained. "Aits!" He yelled, showing us the kick. A small smirk found its way onto my face.

"Alright, that's enough for today. Make sure to practice the kick at home, or else you're never gonna get it right." Sensei Lawrence stated, releasing everyone. We all bowed and went towards our things.

Miguel, y/n and I all put our things together, so we met up on the side. Y/n still had an uneasy face on. Miguel noticed, and spoke up. "You ok, y/n?" Miguel asked. Y/n thought for a moment.

"I am, but Demitri isn't. Do you happen to know what happened to him?" She asked, standing in between Miguel and I, her back facing towards me. Miguel opened his mouth like he was going to speak, but looked over her and up at me.

I clenched my jaw and slowly shook my head. 'Don't.' I mouthed, so y/n wouldn't know. Miguel closed his mouth and looked back down at y/n. "I'm not sure. I bet he's alright though." He reassured. She nodded.

"I'll meet you guys outside. I'm gonna go talk to the new girl." She said, before grabbing her backpack and walking outside, to where Tory was. Miguel and I looked back at each other.

"She can't know." I said. Miguel just sighed and scratched the back of his neck. "You can't keep lying to her. She's gonna find out, and she's not gonna be happy about it." He said, making me think for a moment. "What she doesn't know, won't hurt her. I'm protecting her. I'm doing this for her." I said.

"She's strong, you know. She doesn't need protecting." Miguel said, before turning and walking out of the dojo.

✯¸.•'*¨'*•♡︎ ♡︎•*'¨*'•.¸✯

A/N: YOU GUYS IM SO EXCITED FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER, I-