10: Promise

Nene stopped struggling. She just stared at Hanako.

"Who said that?" Teru asked, genuinely confused. Hanako blushed and looked away.

"Yashiro herself-- but her mother backed it up."

"M-my mother?" Nene blinked. "What?"

"It's a long story, but I'll tell it."

~~_~~

"When Yashiro was about 4 or 5, she went on a trip with her parents to Kamome Academy-- you know, the famous university that collapsed."

"I d-don't remember that," Nene stammered.

"It sounds like you were young," Teru said. He still hadn't let go of Nene-- and that was probably a good thing. If he hadn't been holding her up, she would have collapsed. "Continue."

"Okay," Hanako nodded. "When she was visiting, Yashiro somehow got separated from her parents. She got lost, but wandered into the girl's bathroom.

"A-and she started crying for her parents. I remember that I h-heard her." He glanced at Nene.

"Why were you at the academy?" Kou asked. Hanako sighed.

"I'm a Ghost God-Apparition. The key word being 'ghost'." He smiled sadly. "I died when the school collapsed.

"Anyway, I found you. You were hiding in the bathroom because you'd heard a dog barking, and you were scarred. I carried you back to your parents. And t-then you--" Hanako swallowed. "You called me a prince a-and said that we were gonna get married." Nene flushed red. "A-and your mother said that you were too young to get married. But you kept insisting! Really, Yashiro, you just couldn't contain your love for me, huh?" Nene's blush deepend. "But your mother said t-that she promised that when you grew up . . ." Hanako trailed off.

Teru released Nene. She crumpled to the floor. "Yashiro!" Hanako dove to catch her. Nene just stared at him.

"I r-remember." she whispered. "My parents did . . . yeah." She blushed, too afraid to finish the sentence.

They stayed that way, Hanako holding Nene, until Teru interrupted.

"If she is, in fact, your property, then--"

"I'm no one's property!" Nene frowned.

"--then you have a right to reside in her home." Teru sighed. "Alright, we're leaving." Teru gestured for his brother, Mitsuba, and the guards to follow.

"Hey, Yashiro," Hanako started.

"Yeah?" Nene responded.

"Do you want to know what this reminds me of?"

"Sure." Hanako grinned.

"A really messed up Cinderella!"

A/N:

Oh, Hanako, how I agree. XD

OMG, THIS IS THE END!!! Thank you so much for reading this!!! This has been a pretty awesome journey!

Thank you for all your votes and kind comments-- they mean so much to me! I'm sorry the story had to end, but, in a way, I'm glad. I was worried that it wouldn't end smoothly, but . . . tada? Anyway, now that this is finished, I'll be working on 'Time Alive'.

One quick thing: I'm sorry this chapter is so romance-y. I've decided that this is my new 'Most Awkward Chapter Ever'. I wanted to turn this into a Hananene story, but I'm a little worried that it's too much Hananene (wait, does such a thing even exist? XD)

One more time-- thank you so much for reading this! Yes, you, the person reading this. Thank you so much!

Stay safe and healthy!

~~ Author-chan ~~

(526 words-- I'll see all of you guys in Time Alive, which has longer parts)

UPDATE:

May 12, 2021:

Omg, guys-- 250+ views? Thank you so much! And . . .

Wow

Wow. Thank you guys soooooo much! (Yes, I know that the ranking changes from minute to minute, but still. Tadah)