6: Dancing

I'm dancing with Teru.

Nene's heart was pounding, and she resisted the urge to pinch herself.

If this is a dream, I don't want to wake up.

She was grinning like an idiot. Nene was thankful for the golden mask, since it was hiding her red cheeks. The two were waltzing, which was something that Akane had taught Nene to do.

Akane. Nene glanced around, looking for her family. Nene didn't see them.

"So, Miss Daikonella?" Teru asked. Nene sighed.

"Nene, actually. My friend just announced it like that to annoy me." She smiled. Teru considered this.

"Your friend doesn't happen to enjoy wearing black and hiding in closets, does he?" Teru asked. Nene felt her face freeze in shock. He paused before laughing coldly. "I'm sorry, what an odd question."

"N-no, he does, actually." Teru stopped moving.

"Come with me." Teru led Nene to a silver door along one wall.

"W-wait, Prince Teru, are you sure--" Nene started.

"Call me Teru-kun." He flashed a smile and Nene practically melted allowing herself to be pulled into the door.

~~_~~

Behind the silver door was a balcony. It was thin and long, and, like the door, it was silver. Teru walked to the railing along the edge.

"Umm, Teru-kun, what are you--"

"Hanako," Teru called. "Hanako, stop hiding. I know you're here." Silence.

"Teru-kun, why do you want to see Hanako-kun?" Teru turned to her.

"You call him 'Hanako-kun'?" Nene nodded. "Hanako, come out now-- or I'll make you." Nene shivered as Teru looked around. "Fine. I'm sorry it's come to this. Nene, come here for a moment." Nene hurried over to the railing and stood beside the prince.

Faster than Nene could track, Teru had one arm around her waist and the other was tilting her head up.

I'm about to be kissed by Teru-kun!

He slowly moved towards here. Nene's heart pounded in her chest. A few inches, an inch, centimeters . . .

Arms wrapped around Nene, pulling her away and into an asunaro hug. A forehead rested on her shoulder.

"That was low, Teru."

Nene blushed.

"Hanako-kun?!?"

A/N:

I feel like there were a lot of moments in this bit that came from/were inspired by the manga, but I think it really adds something to the story. :)

MANGA SPOILERS: 

The last few paragraphs I came up with as I was writing them (there wasn't really a plan for them). Something really similar happens with Akane  and Nene, and Hanako steps in. (like in my story . . .) But I swear-- this isn't gonna end like the manga. Hanako isn't going anywhere!

Thank you for the kind comments! Also, stay safe, healthy, and wash your hands!

~~ Author-chan ~~ 

(350 words . . . one of the shortest, but not bad)