Who are the Crazies?

The Crazies are the people who work and live in the Madhouse Nightclub, a pretty bizarre place, even by Hell standards, because it promises exactly what the name suggests. It's both a nightclub you can have a good time at and it's a madhouse where, if you're unlucky enough, you are subjected to insanity incarnate. Flashing lights, sensory chambers, swirling images and you see all this while strapped to a chair or a gurney.

And the Crazies are no exception to how bizarre and insane this place is. Most of them, you wouldn't even think would work there, but they do. As far as Hell's records go, it's something like this:

-Looney: Owner of the Madhouse Nightclub and infamous psychopath.

Born in 1956 in Chicago, Lincoln Cooney had quite the history of poor mental health, but no cause has been discovered as of this record. Sent to an institute in 1969, where he would remain until his disappearance in 1977. It would be in 1981 where he would be named the "Madman Killer", known for leaving victims in unrecognisable states, such as dismembering them alive. His streak would end after he disappeared in 1989. But he had one final strike in 1999, leaping off a high rise and onto a car below. After arriving in Hell, he was sent to Lucifer's asylum, being deemed too dangerous to live among the sinners of the city, but he would escape a year later. Now in charge of his own nightclub, he is an unpredictable psychopath dedicated to nothing but insanity in its purest form.

-Wendice: Assistant at the Madhouse Nightclub and former shrink.

Not much about Wendice is known aside from her past as Wendy Hollis and her position as a shrink during the early 70s, but she was particularly notable for having been in a relationship with Lincoln Cooney during his time in the Chicago institute. Sadly, it would end when she overdosed in 1975, having had an addiction to medicine. After that, she seemed to roam around Pentagram City, but she did commit various killings, mainly johns trying their luck with her. Now that she and her boyfriend are back together, there's no telling what they're capable off. Some even wonder if she is just as insane as her boyfriend.

-Bob: Contract killer and bodyguard for the Madhouse Nightclub.

All that is known of Bob Lomkins, other than his acquaintance with Lincoln Cooney, is his experience in the mob during the late 60s to 70s. After his time in Vietnam, Bob had profound skill in firearms and combat, as well as strategy. This lead to him being brought into the mob as a hitman and enforcer. He met Cooney in 1978 and they would be best friends until his own death in 1981 at the hands of a rival gang. Working in Hell proved to be no different for him and he now takes any contract work thrown his way. He may not look threatening with his small size, but underestimating him is the worst thing anyone can do.

-Kerwin: Accountant to the Madhouse Nightclub and overlord's assistant.

Not much about Kerwin is known, but it is known he committed various murders during the 60s when he was alive, known then as Frank Harmon. Harmon's background is unknown for the most part, but many suggest some sense of abandonment set him off, especially since he collected scalps from his victims. He met his end in 1966. After arriving in Hell, he was taken in by one of Hell's overlords as an assistant, but that would be a cover for having him be a punching bag. Now, he's a submissive and nervous wreck of a demon, unable to think for himself after years of abuse.

-Zyrus: Overlord and sponsor to the Madhouse Nightclub.

Formerly known as Cyrus Wicker, this particular demon had quite the reputation to end up here. During the mid 1910s to early 20s, he murdered people all around Eastern Europe and left his work on display. That meant he flayed, skinned and dismembered them alive, leaving their remains in public places. Supposedly, he was obsessed with necromancy, as well as proclaiming himself as a servant to Leviathan, one of the Hell gods. After his death in 1924, he quickly rose through the ranks and earned the moniker of the Necro Demon, now able to command his own power to unleash his sadistic tendencies whenever he pleased, thus why he brought on an assistant to serve as his own punching bag. Now named Zyrus, the Necro Demon is a force to be reckoned with, believing Hell should be about pain and suffering, the way it used to be, and will erase anyone who gets in his way. After all, he murdered many prestiged people when he was alive and dozens of others just to cover it up.

-Novis: Employee to the Madhouse Nightclub.

Novis, previously known as Winslow Grayson, worked for the mob in the late 80s before eventually turning states in 1993. He kept moving and hiding until he met his lover in 1999. Unfortunately, the mob caught up with him in 2004 and promptly assassinated him. Due to Heaven's strict and corrupt standards, he was sent to Hell, where he resided, taking jobs around town before he wound up being employed at the Madhouse Nightclub.

-Oxtie: Employee to the Madhouse Nightclub.

Previously known as Evie Hunt, Oxtie met and fell in love with Winslow Grayson in 1999 and stayed with him until his death in 2004. Unable to carry on without him, she committed suicide in 2006. Similar to her boyfriend, she was sent to Hell; Heaven's corrupt standards keeping her out. Now reunited with Winslow, now Novis, and naming herself Oxtie, she joined him in working at the Madhouse Nightclub.

-Mrs. Prisker: Landlady for the Madhouse Nightclub.

Not much is known about Mrs. Prisker, except that she is unearthly strict. Supposedly, she was the landlady for an apartment complex and murdered anyone for even the most minor disobedience of the rules. The bodies were never found. Eventually, in 1952, the landlady was found dead in her room. No cause of death was ruled out. Almost as if she simply dropped dead. Now that she's in Hell, she's back at her landlady job, only this time her tenants are demons lead by a crazed lunatic.

-Ratstock: Rival and enemy to the Madhouse Nightclub.

Ratstock seems to be a mystery as far as Hell's records go. His past remains unknown, including his real name. All that is known is that he ended up in Hell in 1988, heavily deformed, and he has been seeking revenge ever since on the psychopath Looney, who killed him. It's now practically a routine for the two to fight whenever they bump into each other. And collateral damage is the least of their problems, as long as one or the other comes out on top.