Chapter 35 - The Ship Sails

Start from the beginning

"As she does him," Meghan added with a smirk and Elias quickly frowned in embarrassment, forcefully facing her chair to the wall to avoid the teasing of her fellow teammates. Surprisingly, Wally hadn't stirred from his sleep, his body still remained heavy and limp against Elias's. She felt a bit more comfort after hearing everyone's reassuring (albeit embarrassing) comments on their relationship.

With the sun now angled away from her face, and her nerves calmed, she allowed herself to succumb to slumber. Resting her head gently against Wally's as she basked in the gentle warmth resonating from his sleeping body.

-

-

-

After a short lived nap, the ship came to a stop in the hangar, and Elias grudgingly opened her eyes with a groan. The rest of her team members shared groggy and exhausted expressions as they sat from their seats. She looked down at Wally, who was still dead asleep but looking slightly more disheveled from shifting around in his sleep.

"Do you need me to carry him to a room?" Kaldur offered when he took note of the unconscious boy. Elias pondered a moment before shaking her head.

"I've got him, he'll sleep in my room with me. It's probably best if someone supervises him, and I think he could use some extra body warmth," Elias explained with a sheepish smile. Kaldur only nodded in response before exiting the ship along with the rest of their team. It was a little difficult for her to haul his sleeping body through all the halls and to her room, but she made it and not so gently tossed him onto her bed.

He bounced slightly on the mattress, the impact finally pulling him from his heavy sleep. With a groan he opened his eyes and pushed himself to sit up on the bed. "Huh? Where am I? What time is it?" he asked through a yawn and Elias shook her head with a grin.

"We're in my room, and it's roughly six in the morning. Everyone else has already headed to sleep, though you seemed to have had one hell of a nap on the way home," she teased as she kicked her shoes off and sat on the bed beside him.

"Eh...I still feel like shit," he groaned as removed his mask and took note of the the dampness of his suit. "Ah you got any clothes I can borrow?" Elias snickered at his words before standing to rummage through one of the boxes she had yet to unpack. A pair shorts and a tee were tossed at Wally's face, which he accepted with a grunt of pain.

"I'm changing too, so face the wall," Elias commanded, but with less threat than usual as she pulled some clothes for herself out of the box. For once he didn't bother to make any snarky comments and faced the wall before removing his suit.

Elias had finished changing sooner than him, after pulling her shirt down to her stomach she turned around. Wally was still slowly putting his top on, likely moving more lethargically because to soreness in his body, but Elias noticed the small battle scars that covered various parts of his torso. All long since healed injuries of previous incidents, she had quite a few of her own to match.

With a small smile she tossed her suit in the corner and made her way over to him. He was still struggling to pull his own shirt over his head when she made to his side, taking the liberty to help him out a bit. He appeared startled momentarily when a pair of hands grasped the hem of his shirt and pulled it down, but his shock was soon replaced with thankful eyes.

"Thanks," he mumbled quietly when she folded his suit up and placed it on a shelf beside them.

"No problem, I couldn't bare to see you wrestle that shirt any longer," she replied teasingly before flopping onto the bed, prompting Wally to do the same on the opposite side, though his body quickly let him know that was a bad idea as a groan of pain escaped his mouth.