• Two •

It felt like I had aged a hundred years by the time someone finally spoke up.

I just couldn't believe that the two men that completely wrecked my high school experience, were standing directly in front of me, in my shop, soaking wet, T-shirts clinging to their sculpted bod-

You know what, I think I'm getting a little bit off track. The point is, is that it's completely unbelievable that Hayden and Briar are standing here, staring at me.

It was Briar that said something first. "well.. we definitely weren't expecting to see you..."

I scoffed. Yeah, why would you ever run into me, at a shop I own, thats literally called "Vallens In Clay". With a giant sign out front, with my name in big letters across it. That would be so weird.

Hayden snorted, and shook his head. Did I say that out loud? "I see you haven't changed in the slightest." He muttered, a slight smile on his lips, although I could feel the nervousness and awkward tension radiating off of him.

Off of all of us.

The air around us was so thick Tundra could bite through it. What was I suppose to say? Was I supposed to do something? I had no clue where to go from there. I mean, I was standing in from of my ex best friend's, who left me for each other.

And we were all stuck here, for God knows how long, until the storm let up. Speaking of which, all of a sudden and huge boom and crackle went off, that I'm pretty sure shook us all to the core. I was frozen in the stop, I could see Hayden slightly flinch from the unexpected noise.

What great timing.

Tundra let out the most unholy shreik I had ever herd, as she cowered under my checkout desk. Gaurd dog my ass.

The only one of us that seemed unaffected was Briar, but I mean come on, he could probably crush a lions skull with his thighs, what's going to scare him?

I was shaken out of my thoughts by another crash of rolling thunder, that scarily sounded like it was right above us. I'm not sure what god was dancing on my roof, but they should probably get down before it collapses onto me and my dog.

I don't know a lot about gods, but I'm pretty dang sure it wouldn't be good for the press if they were charged for dog murder.

Anyways, we all just stood around, in the most awkward and embarrassing silence I have ever encountered. If I wasn't so pale with my (well hidden) frightening from the store, I would have been red as a tomato.

Briar finally bit off the nib, cracked the glow stick of you will, and broke the silence. He did that weird half cough, half throat clear before speaking. I snapped my head up to face him, my stare no longer strained onto my paint splatted, and scratched up wooden floors.

"So... Vallen." Briars deep, husky voice, that hadn't changed a bit, called out my name like a statement. Even when I was sure he was asking a direct question, his words were cut short, like he already new the answer, and was just waiting for me to confirm it. "How have you been?"

I thickly swallowed, and nodded. Because how else was I supposed to respond? I hadn't seen this man, the man I was in love with in high school, in years. Life was playing a joke on me.

When I finally got my senses back, I verbally responded. "Im well, and you?" I kept it polite, and short, as well as trying to keep my discomfort unknown.

I'm pretty sure I was utterly failing though, as Briar just raised and eyebrow, yet didn't say anything in return. He quickly jolted his head towards Hayden at the sound of a small yap, that had me startled, yet again, as well.