Chapter 25 - Death wish

Start from the beginning

"Guys we need to go now" Steve advised, looking around. "Where's Seven?"

"She's in there Steve," Natasha pointed at the building with her free hand, pieces of the building were now crumbling and beginning to fall and Natasha could do nothing but hopelessly stare.

Steve looked between the building and Natasha."You know?" Sympathy was clear in his voice and Natasha nodded, refusing to tear her eyes away from the building.

"Oh Nat," Steve put an arm around her neck and he stood with them, Tony standing baffled behind. 

Suddenly the window on the thirtieth floor flew from its hinges and fell to the ground, grabbing all of their attention. 

A pair of legs could be seen climbing out of the window and then eventually Seven's body and a golden dog could be faintly seen sitting on the edge.

Both Peter and Natasha breathed in relief when they knew she was alive, "Is she going to jump?" Steve asked confused, "Tony you need to go up there" Steve turned back to talk to Tony but he was no longer there and the space he was previously stood in was empty. 

Before Peter could start webbing up to save her she jumped and began falling towards the ground. He immediately let go of Natasha's hand and began aiming his wrist at her, ready to shoot and catch her.

 "Oh my god" 

None of them could believe what they were seeing, Seven was hovering in the air with the dog still safely tucked under her arm. 

----------------------------

Seven laughed to herself as she continued lowering herself towards the ground. The building began collapsing behind her, thankfully falling the opposite way but she didn't bother speeding up, taking as much time as needed.

She felt as if she was standing in the air as it now flowed around her in a pattern, herself in the middle. This was insane. 

Seven eventually hit the ground and began running towards her team, the golden dog resting happily in her arms like a baby, tongue hanging out of his mouth. 

As she got closer and closer her smile grew and she immediately gave the dog to Steve before practically leaping into Natasha's arms, grasping her as tightly as possible. 

Natasha hugged her back while releasing a long shaky breath she didn't know she had been holding in. She pushed Seven back to arms length, her hands resting on Seven's shoulders.

"Клянусь Богом, если ты сделаешь это снова, я сам убью тебя." (I swear to god, if you do that again I will kill you myself), Natasha cried.

"I won't I promise" Seven reassured.

"Ты напугал меня до смерти Семь" (you scared the shit out of me Seven)

"I scared the shit out of myself too" She agreed, half laughing and half crying.

"Я только что вернул тебя, я думал, что снова потеряю тебя" (I just got you back, I thought I was going to lose you again), Natasha and Seven were both crying and Seven just shook her head.

"You won't lose me again, I promise" She hugged her mom again before pulling away and smiling at her.

"Hey Steve" Seven waved at Steve who looked like he was going to start crying too but she didn't know whether that was because of her near-death experience or the fact Natasha was crying.

"Don't do that again Seven" He said directly. Maybe it was a bit of both.

"I won't," She said once more before turning to face Peter who was waiting patiently.

"Hey," She smiled sheepishly, she should be mad at him for abandoning her but all she wanted was to hug him.

"I am SO, so, so, so, sorry Seven. I didn't want to leave yo-" before he could finish Seven enveloped him in a bone-crushing hug and he instantly relaxed, wrapping his arms around her.

"You scared me so bad Ven," he whispered before pulling back, "Don't-"

"-Do that again, I know Pete. I promise you all I won't leap out of a burning building without knowing if I'll survive again" She laughed but none of her teammates found it funny.

"You did that without knowing whether it would work?!" Natasha practically yelled, "I swear to god, two days of having a daughter again and my stress levels are through the roof" She closed her eyes and pinched the bridge of her nose.

"I didn't really have another choice did I? I don't have a death wish." Seven argued, reaching out to take the dog from Steve's arms after realizing how uncomfortable he looked. "Hey buddy" She scratched his head, "You did so good, you were really easy to jump out of a window with" 

Natasha, Steve and Peter stared up at her, irritated. "Okay, okay, I'll stop" She giggled and stroked the dog once more.

"Hey team" Tony's voice rang out from above them, the quinjet hovering and slowly landing. "Need a ride?"