Chapter 25 - Death wish

Start from the beginning

---------------------

Seven was pacing back and forth, she had put the dog down a minute ago and he was now staring up at her, head cocked to the side as if he was trying to figure out why she was pacing.

She was going to die, why would Peter leave her? Surely he knew that the stairs would have given out by now. 

Seven considered her options, she either had to make her way down thirty flights of collapsing stairs, fall to her death, or jump out of the window. 

If she tried to go down the stairs with a fairly heavy dog under her arms then there was no way they would both make it. Falling to her death didn't sound that fun either.

The building shook again but this time much more, Seven could hear parts of the staircases and foundation of the building collapse in the floors beneath her. The building would also start crumbling down on top of her soon. She really was out of time.

The building began to slowly lean and Seven began to stumble. She was not going to die today. Making a split-second, impulsive decision she ran over to the window and pushed as hard as possible, forcing the already very damaged hinges to snap and she watched the window fall.

She sighed, she was really going insane thinking that jumping out of the window with a living dog was a good idea but hopefully her plan would work and they wouldn't die.

Grabbing the dog under her arm once more she climbed out of the window so her legs were dangling over the edge, she could faintly see the red spandex staring up at her from the ground. Great help they were. 

Without giving herself a chance to think, she leapt from the window and began falling, this time without Peter's hand safely around her waist. 

Seven figured that she could control the four elements, including air. Surely she could manipulate air to support both the dog and herself as they fell. She hoped she could or this would be quite depressing.

Concentrating, she closed her eyes and focused on the air around her, the way it felt against her skin, the wind she could hear as they fell. She began thinking only about the air until she felt her surroundings begin to change. 

Seven opened her eyes and found herself hovering in the air, not moving up or down. 

Does this count as flying?

---------------------

Peter landed safely on the pavement and Tony immediately approached up to him, the metal boots clunking loudly. 

Peter stormed past him, ignoring the suit's glare as he walked up to Natasha. He didn't even know that the suit could glare.

"Miss Romanoff I am so sorry," Peter began apologizing rapidly but Natasha shushed him.

"It's okay Peter, this isn't your fault. I should've stopped her" Her voice wavered but she didn't cry, instead, she took his hand in hers and they both stared up to where Seven had disappeared into the window five minutes ago.

After a second the building began to shake, the paramedics and firemen had cleared the scene of the public and were now waiting a safe enough distance away. The building was so badly damaged that it was irreparable and they were trying to make sure it would come down safely. 

Natasha gripped Peter's hand tighter and Steve ran up from behind, he had been helping relocate the citizens safely for the last half an hour and had no idea what was going on.