Chapter 25 - Death wish

Start from the beginning

Suddenly the ground beneath her shook slightly causing Seven to stumble and trip, faceplanting the floor. "Well shit" She pulled herself off the ground and checked that the dog was okay which he was, happily sat watching her. "We have to hurry"

Seven bent down and scooped the dog up under her arm. He didn't seem to mind being carried as his tail continued wagging as she forced the window open as far as possible.

"Peter?" Seven spoke but there was no reply. She craned her head out of the window but the familiar red and blue spandex boy was nowhere to be seen. "PETER?" He was nowhere around, she was stuck.

Shit shit shit fuck fuck shit. What do I do?

Seven didn't care much for herself but for the poor dog who despite her frantic expression was staring up at her, tail still wagging.

-----------------------

Peter had just left Seven and was now hovering on the windowsill of one of the windows on the thirtieth floor. He didn't know why he was so nervous for her, he knew how good she was at protecting herself, plus she had her powers. She would be fine. 

But what if she wasn't? What if she fell and hit her head? What if there were people inside that she needed help with? What if the stairs had already collapsed and she was stranded on the floor below? 

Maybe he should go in and make sure she was okay, if he helped her look then they could get out in double the time.

Peter went to reach for the window to pry it open but before he could, a loud voice erupted from his comm, scaring him so bad that he almost fell off the windowsill.

"Peter, please tell me that you are NOT on the thirtieth floor of the burning building right now" Tony's voice was filled with both anger and overwhelming concern.

"Okay, I'm NOT on the windowsills of one of the windows of the thirtieth floor" He replied confidently.

"Peter Benjamin Parker"

"Okay okay, I AM on the windowsill but I'm coming down in five minutes. I swear"

"Not acceptable," Peter could almost see Tony shaking his head.

"But Mr Sta-"

"No. You are coming down right now"

"I can't Mr St-"

"Right. Now. Or I'm taking the suit" 

Peter looked at the window and then back at the ground, there was no way he could leave Seven. She would have to go down all the stairs to get down.

"No. I'm not leaving" He crossed his arms stubbornly, his feet being the only thing sticking to the building.

"Fine. If you won't come down then I'll come up. Peter, I will fly up there right now and drag your ass down here myself" Tony was almost yelling now, he also sounded like he was about to break down.

Peter sighed, either way, he would be dragged down from the window, this way he would keep his suit. Begrudgingly he pushed himself away from the windowsill and started climbing down the side of the building, "Sorry Ven" he whispered aimlessly, his words only heard by the wind.