8. Comfort you - Mello (another one ^^)

Because I couldn't help but write two for Mello... ^^ 

***

I was clinging to my own knees in a way L had always done, but I was not doing it because I needed to think better, but because I needed to think less. My eyes occasionally closed for they had become heavy after too many restless nights. Again and again I found myself here, in the basement of the hideout, staring blankly at the dirty walls and breathing in the foul air. They had forbidden me to go here after the third nightly visit, but I sneaked past the patrolling guards with ease and always returned to my secret place. There was something in the hopeless state of this room that somehow brought me peace. As if it was right to be here. As if I belong here, decaying away together with this room.

"What on Earth do you think you're doing here?"

The sharp voice rung through the nightly silence like a deafening roar. My head jerked up in surprise. "Why won't you ever listen to me? We forbade you to come here! It wasn't too much to ask for, was it?" The angry tones increased in volume as Mello neared me from behind. I did not dare to turn my head and merely waited. He took hold of my wrist and violently spun me around to face him. Mello's mouth was already open to say something, but he stopped. The grip on my wrist lessened as he watched me in surprise.

"A-are you okay?" He seemed genuinely worried. I frantically nodded but started to tear up as I did so. "I see," said Mello sarcastically and made me rise. "Why are you doing this to yourself? This room... I told you not to go to it anymore. It has a bad influence on you..."

He remained silent, waiting for me to answer him with a smug remark like I always did, but when no response was granted, he let out a sigh. "I understand." He simply said. That was one of the wonderful things that Mello possessed. Not only was he intelligent enough to be L's co-successor, but he was more emotional, enabling him to see through my actions and actually thoroughly understanding the motives behind them.

"Well, I still think this room is depressing..." Said Mello as he walked a small circle around me whilst inspecting the demolition, "so let's cheer it up a bit!" He turned to me with a mischievous grin.

As if that was a cue, loud music started to play. I was not granted enough time to process what was happening, because Mello had already taken my hands and started dancing. And as the song proceeded, I surrendered and danced to the cheerful tones with him. After the song was done, he simply put it on replay. Then he ran out of the room, commanding me not to follow him, and quickly came back with spray paint in his hands and a huge smile on his face.

We spent the whole night decorating the room with our graffiti and dancing to the cheerful songs. Laughter and loud music mixed and echoed through the basement. The foul stink of the room made place for the sharp spray paint smell and a slight hint of sweat. We sang along and danced, covering each other in spray paint. It was accidental at first when we took each other's hands that were layered with paint. But after a while we were both completely covered in colours. Seeing Mello's bright smile erased all dark thoughts from my head, and we watched the colourful room with pride. Then we danced one more dance in our new ballroom before both taking a shower and sleeping through the morning.

A/N

I had to add another Mello chapter here. I heard some BRADIO songs and immediately thought of Mello. I thought them very suitable for Mello, being the precious diva he is.

You could most definitely check the songs out! They're amazing! BRADIO in general is and I think Mello would like them too!

-The Shinigami