5. Ryuk - Apple corers and sweet words

"Honey? Deary? Where are you?"

I chuckled as I heard the familiar voice but decided not the answer. "Darling? Anywhere?" A pale face emerged from behind the corner, looking into the kitchen. Bright red irises widened in their yellow surroundings, and a dark red tongue licked blue lips. "There you are! Have you lost your tongue?" My chuckling continued, then turned into laughter. Yup, having Ryuk calling me anything but my name was a great decision, making for a variety of hilarious situations. We were like a couple now, like a little family with one weird-ass family member. I smiled at him. "Here I am." I said.

Ryuk moved his large limbs to approach me, but I protectively held out a pan in front of me, securing it with both hands between our bodies. "Not a step closer." I said, pushing him away a little.

"Why not?" The Shinigami asked innocently.

"Because I say so! Now get back!" But Ryuk didn't move an inch. "Wow, commanding a Shinigami really isn't an easy thing to do." I said. "No, but making a deal with them is. We made a deal. I wouldn't call you by your name anymore, and you would give me more apples. Where are my apples?" He said and played angry to try to scare me. It was actually rather cute instead, so I smiled at him and tapped with the pan on the oven. "In here."

Ryuk moved forward despite my protests and pushed his face against the hot oven window. "What are they doing in there?" He asked and faced me, his face red from the heat. I hugged him from behind and pushing him away from the glass. "Getting ready for you to eat."

"Why must they get ready? They should just exist so I can eat them." Ryuk's followed me questioningly as I sat on the kitchen table. "I improved them for you."

"Huh? Improved?" He asked and I nodded before slowly explaining. "I cut away the cores, then filled the apples with a mixture of dairy and some cinnamon and soft raisins. Then I topped it with some honey and syrup before putting it in the oven. There, all will heat up, and a sublimely sweet taste will spread all over the apple. If you think the apples you've tasted so far were great, you're going to adore this."

Ryuk was basically drooling, continuously looking from me to the oven and back to me. When I was done explaining, he immediately asked when they would be ready. "When you hear a 'ting', it means they are ready to slightly cool."

Just then, the 'ting' was heard. Ryuk jumped up and ran to the oven, but then respectfully backed away, giving me enough room to get the apples out. I slowly approached the oven, tip-toeing as slow as I could to piss off the drooling Shinigami even more. Then I placed the many prepared apples on a tray to cool and had to go through tremendous efforts to keep Ryuk away from the apples as they cooled down to an eatable temperature. Then I let go and watched the Shinigami wolf down all the apples, licking his lips, fingers and even the tray when he was done.

"I take that as a sign that you enjoyed the apples?" I said with my arms crossed in front of my chest and the oven gloves still on. Ryuk, looking up from the tray he was 'cleaning' with his tongue, turned to me. "Uh-huh, really tasty. Must make more for me."

I looked at him and smirked with an eyebrow raised. "...darling?" Added the Shinigami. I let out a satisfied chuckle and took a full basket of apples from its hiding place to the kitchen. "Come on, let's do this together." I said and took another apron, tying it around the Shinigami. Then I stood on my toes to give Ryuk a kiss on the cheek before taking the apple corer in my hands and passing a second one to Ryuk.

A/N

That was one chapter about Ryuk, our favourite Shinigami! (Don't let Gelus, Sidoh or Rem hear you say that, though!) Hopefully you liked this chapter! Please let this Shinigami know what you think of this chapter!

-The Shinigami