𝟏𝟔|𝐖𝐀𝐓𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐊𝐘𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐑𝐄𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐈𝐍𝐆

Start from the beginning

It's crazy because at one point, it feels as if everyone feels the same emotion sometimes, like we share the same sense. That's how together we are. And it hasn't changed much because Liam was gone.

"He really got that poor girl whipped doesn't he?" Erika texted, after the all caps screaming eventually subsided. "Yeah who knew he got good that much of good dick game to get someone to fly thousands of miles for you?" Of course rhiannon would say that.

I found myself violently slapping my hand over my mouth to stop myself from laughing, opening their chats in public always got me laughing in public alone like I'm deranged.

I could feel my skin rise on my arm a little to suddenly, sort of like alarming my body. Reflexes?

"Where're you going?" A dark voice boomed from behind me. A heavy arm roughly grabbing atop of my shoulder, sending chills down my spine.

I was so caught up with our group chat I didn't even realize how dimming and empty the sidewalk has become, where did all the cars go? Right now Antheia its life or death. Either way, if i were to die tonight, this fucker is dying with me.

Without a second to spare, I swiftly turn around. With a blink of an eye, mustering up every strength in my body, i lifted my leg to land the hardest kick onto the man's groin, or was it his dick? "FUCK" he quivered, yelling as he fell on his knees.

"ADAM?" I felt relief yet immense guilt wash over me. I just kicked my boyfriend in the balls. Oh my god i kicked my fucking boyfriend in the balls. "I'm so sorry I'm so fucking sorry" reaching out for him as he was whining in pain, i dropped onto my knee.

"How are you so strong?" he whined, his chocolate brown squinting in pain, looking up to meet me. "It's getting dark, you-you came from behind me i thought-i thought you were some guy i-"

"It's o-okay" he reassured me, struggling to stand him with all his strength, pretending as if I didn't just come close to making him impotent. "I shouldn't have scared you" he gave me a warm smile.

I pouted, feeling all too terrible at what i did. When it comes to walking alone at night, i don't stop to think to give any man the benefit of the doubt, i will just attack when I'm put on the spot. I also have this fixed mindset that if something were to happen to me and I can't save myself? The man will die with me, he just will. Besides i was too distracted with the girls I didn't even process it was Adam's voice. "We should go to the hospital" i suggested with urgency, grabbing Adam around his waist. "And-how did you even find me?"

Letting out a deep sigh, we walked with me, still putting up an act as if he was basically unharmed, although i can see him squirming. Men and their egos.

"I knew you'd be at Goodman's so-so i thought I'd-come pick you up" his voice was breaking, regardless of putting on a fake smile as he leaned on me for support a little more. "And no-hospital, just home"

"How are you gonna drive? I can't drive? How are we getting home?" I urged, looking up at him with concern. God i feel awful, i really kicked him in the dick.

"It's fine, home's close by anyway" he insisted, still keeping up his act.

                                       .•° ✿ °•.

The drive back was probably excruciating for him, although he tried his best to play it off. I mean I don't know, I don't have a dick. Besides women writhe in pain once a month for like 5 days, so I assume he'd be fine after like an hour or so? What else could I do but offer him some ice, not like I can awkwardly stand by with my arms on my hips as I watch him ice his balls.

We found ourselves seated outside on his balcony, he was having a cold beer, which he said he fully deserved after the day and i was having a small glass of wine. Just the one.

Watching the glistening city lights felt almost fulfilling next to him. Like things were falling into place like it used to. The two of us next to each other. Not anyone else, just him. Just like always, the bright moonlight and the glistening city lights basking 0n his face makes his features seem like a painting. He still looks the same, maybe a little more glorious, i should say.

"How did... Mrs. king deal with you know... when your dad was gone for so long?" I inquired, taking a sip of my wine, finding it hard to take my gaze away from him. He thinks he's fucking Tarzan to almost never wear a shirt at home, but again, it is home after all. I could see my handmade necklace dangling over his chest, the very same one i got for our one year. Just like i never took off the one he got for my birthday. We both literally shower with them on, two crackheads refusing to take off our jewelry.

A small smile appeared on his lips, his beer bottle almost empty, he turned to face me. "She didn't" his voice was soft, tilting his head as he stared at me. "It was an arranged marriage firstly so they barely knew each other"

My eyes widened, almost choking on my wine, "Arranged? Really?"

He nodded his head before taking a gulp off his beer, "to merge both my grandad's companies together, it was business, a deal" he sighed.

I was intently listening, resting my cheek on my palm, my eyes faltering to leave his perfectly structured face, "they were both so young, younger than us, 20 i think"

At 20 i still didn't know how to make rice, or do laundry, or what a mortgage was. Wait i still don't actually know what that is.

"She had me two years later, and then dad started to disappear, just like i had to, when he had to take over" he place his cheek on his palm similar to me, the two of us intently staring at each other, as i watched him spill his childhood with me.

"Difference is, he started to like being away. But mom had everything she wanted, you know- like mansions, nannies, chefs, mountain of clothes-just whatever, but- not her husband" he sighed, "i barely saw him, even well into my teens" i could his see expression tense, remembering his childhood, as he reached out to finish what's left of his beer.

"I'm sure he had girlfriends, no course he did i fucking caught him" he cussed, exhaling deeply. "Oh I'm so sorry" i blubbered, chewing on the inside of my cheek, I felt myself cringe as I remembered my own childhood. My parents split up on the earliest part of my childhood, so I barely remember any of it. I was too caught up with my own little bubble to actually understand what was going on but truthfully, It's a relief that they did.

Adam and I were clearly lacking in the father department. Mine was... emotionally not good for me, at all, that the minute I got accepted into university, I skipped home in a heartbeat.

Of course I struggled on my own, but not having to live with the continuous manipulation and trauma was exhilarating.

My mom however, we talk everyday almost. She knows about Adam and actually can't wait to meet him one day. 

"I know he loved mom but he was a stupid fucking coward and stuck to that life instead of fixing things early on" his position changed, sitting back up from his chair.

"Now he's pushing 60 and finally making things right with each other" he rolled his eyes, before fixing his gaze on me. "God forbid i turn out like that" he swore, his hand snaking over to grab mine, placing a soft kiss.

I gave him a smile, heating pooling in my cheeks as i watched him place kisses on my hand.

Here's to being better than they were.