37 | His Proposal

Vikrant :

Next morning I woke up due to the sunlight pouring into the room. I rubbed my eyes and sat up. My wounds had been dressed and my shoulder was much better thanks to Simran's magical massage. I looked at her sleeping form, as my face broke into a smile.

I carefully removed the hair over her face. Damn, she looked so cute. 

She suddenly caught hold of my hand and pulled it towards herself. "Don't go na..", she mumbled placing my hand below her head and sleeping. I edged closer to her. "Where will I ever go? I am pretty sure even if Grim Reaper appeared to take me you'll kill him.", her eyes flew open as she placed her hand on my lips. "Don't you dare say anything of that sort.", she said. I lay down again and pulled her closer. "Okay, I won't.", I said softly. "Good for you, Sher Khan.", she said, resting her head comfortably on my chest. "Is it aching anymore?", she asked. "Yes, slightly, but it's fine.", I said as she looked up at me.

"What were you even thinking before sending me away?", she asked with an angry pout.

"First, stop looking cute.", I said, unable to hold back my smile. "I am not cute!", she said, trying to sound annoyed, "Cutie Simi..", I said smiling away.

"Now as of why I sent you.. They had threatened me that they'd kill you, if i didn't send you away.", I said.

"Huh! Those three dimwits would kill the great Simran Ahluwalia.. what a joke.", She said as I raised a brow. "Ahluwalia?", I asked. She looked up and pulled my cheek, "Simran Ahluwalia Suryavanshi.", she corrected as I nodded.

Something struck me.

.......

Simran :

Frankly it was easy to return. Manav couldn't have kept it for long that it was Vikrant who had asked him to take me and leave. After that I had called up Vishal on emergency with his team and my job was done.

Also I wanted personally slaughter that Dushyant because he had caused so much trauma to my Sher Khan. Although like dying by my hands is of honour and all, I wanted to do it.

It was evening and I finally walked out of the room after completing watching a webseries on my phone whole day. I wore a saree of course because they didn't like anything else here. I was in a golden and green combination of saree, with eyeliner and lipstick. Personally I looked gorgeous.

"Where is-", I was about to ask where Vikrant was, when Mehrab walked down to me. "Ranisa, Rajan has called you to the outer balcony.", he said. I nodded. The outer balcony was clearly the most beautiful spot of the palace. It was on the third floor, attached to a room, and it overlooked a beautiful pond. 

I walked into the room to find my parents, Vishal, Nikita, Vikrant's Aunt, Manav, Arshika standing. "Mumma! Daddy!", I said in excitement as I went and hugged my parents tightly. Damn I missed them so much. I hugged Vishal and then hugged Nikita. "Where's Jayesh?", I asked. Nikita gave a mild smile, "Nothing much, just that we broke up."

"I am so sorry..", I said. "Oh! Don't be. I am cool about it.", she said with a wink. 

Someone cleared his throat.

I looked at the balcony to find Vikrant. I could not look away. He wore a golden sherwani, he wore diamond ear studs for the first time ever - looking so royal, so like a king. 

"Now can I have my Ranisa's attention?", he asked with a charming smile. 

"You have my attention always, Sher Khan.", I said with a smile. He nodded with a smile. I walked down to him, on the balcony. "So, why am I called here?", I asked. He kept looking at me, as if dazed.

"Sher Khan?"

"Oh.. you look so beautiful..", He mumbled slightly embarrased.

"Why is everyone here? What are you up to?", I asked softly. 

He looked at me, and then a song started to play in the background, 

Tujhe dekha to yeh jana sanam

Pyar hota hai deewana sanam
Tujhe dekha to yeh jana sanam

He went down on his knee, a diamond ring in his hand and asked, "Will you, Simran Ahluwalia marry me, again?"

I gulped, my heart was pacing wildly, my face flustered.

"Are you sure?", I mumbled like an absolute idiot.

"Surer than I have ever been.", he said.

Ab yahan se kahan jaayein hum
Teri baahon mein mar jaayein hum
Tujhe dekha to yeh jana sanam

"Will you let me be your Raj, Simran?", he asked. Gosh I was so nervous! I wanted to scream yes, but I just could not say a word, looking at him.

"Aha come on, Simi! Say yes!", this was Dad. My eyes were numb. I looked at him, he was smiling with an encouraging nod. I looked at Manav. He looked at me with a wide smile. 

"Simi, that poor guy will have a knee ache, come on.. say yes!", Manav said. I looked at the engagement finger which still had Manav's name, and looked at Vikrant. He smiled, "Ranisa, if he has moved on, why would you still stop yourself?", he asked. I smiled. 

"I have one condition.", I said. "Go on. We are hearing.", Vikrant said, his smile said he had totally guessed it. 

"Manav and Arshika will also marry each other before us.", I said looking at Manav. His face flustered at once. "Wait? What?", he said as Arshika nudged him. "Now don't be a spoilsport, my brother is going to have a knee ache because of your drama, Manav.", she told him. "Simi, we are up for it! Now accept my poor brother.", she said giggling.

I looked down at Vikrant and raised my hand for him. He slid the ring into my finger, as he stood up.

I did not take a second thought as I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him tightly. He reciprocated.  "Thank you, Ranisa.", he said in a whisper.

"Thank you, Sher Khan.", I replied, as for the first time, tears of joy slid down my eyes.

......

We started at "Mere khawabon mei jo aaye.." to "tujhe dekha toh yeh jaana sanam.." - we are edging close to the end of this book. 

Don't forget to lemme know your views in the comments section!