4 | A Bride In Pain

Simran :

I was wearing the heavy bridal attire that Suryavanshi had sent for me, saying it was an royal attire.

A golden red lehenga.

We were in his Mansion, because according to some stupid ritual of their bloodline the bride should be in the Palace beforehand because she is coming to the palace under her will.

Not by force.

And my current situation totally defeated the purpose of this ritual.

"My daughter looks like a Queen.", my mother said smiling at me through the mirror.
She stood behind me with a beaming face.

"What we are doing is not good, Ma.", I stated looking at the tattoo of "Manav" on my ring finger.

"Whatever happens darling, happens only for the good.", Ma said as I sighed.

"Manav hasn't picked up my call ever since daddy spoke to him.", I said, I was on the verge of tears.

"Simi.. He's a really good boy. He will not deviate you from your marriage in any way.", Ma said beaming.

"I don't want to marry that brat!", I said a little two loudly.

"You have no other option.", this was my father who walked into the room.

I immediately fell silent and looked down in an attempt to hide my tears.

"Simi.. We love you. But also remember that Mr. Suryavanshi is too powerful for us to deal with. And I believe he is a respectable man, he will not hurt you.", Daddy said, trying to explain.

"It's time. Please get the bride downstairs.", This was Rizwan.

"Yes, definitely.", my parents replied in unison.

...

Now, I was sitting in his dull and definitely depressing bedroom, still dressed in that bridal dress, with the veil on - because of another dumb ritual.

I so wished that I could stab Mister Suryavanshi but I don't want to go to jail, because there's no wifi.

I sat that way for fifteen minutes and then removed my veil.

"I can't go on sitting like an ideal bride here!", I said more to him, even though he wasn't there, "You sir will take your own sweet time to come and I'll wait for you?! Really?!"

I said irritably and got off the bed.
I was opening the heavy earrings when he walked in. He wore a cream and red colour sherwani.

"Sorry but I can't be sitting there for you forever.", I said immediately as he looked at me slightly startled.

"So you still haven't gone through that book.", he stated as he walked in and shut the door.

"I won't!", I said struggling with that earring.

"I might help you with that—"

"Don't try to be a gentleman with me Mister Suryavanshi!", I said finally opening it myself.

He kept looking at me observantly through the mirror.

I opened the other earring and turned towards him.
"What? What are you looking at?", I asked loudly, trying my level best to not be intimidated.

"Just the way you are so arrogant and loud all the time.", he said looking straight at me.

"I did not ask you to marry me!", I shouted.

He shut his eyes irritably walking down to me. I took a step back, trying my level best to not be intimidated.

As he walked towards me I took another step back.
He stood right before me now, I could see the flares in his eyes.
He clasped my wrist and pulled me towards himself.

I bumped onto him.

"Now listen.", he said in gritted teeth, "I do not like certain things. If you continue to do them they will trigger me. And if I get triggered, God save you.", he said.

His voice was that of suppressed rage.
I gulped nervously. He released my wrist which now had marks of his fingers thanks to his harsh grip.

"You cannot physically hurt me.", I said as a drop of tear rolled down my eye due to the pain.
"If you think this is physical torture then you need to get out of your dreamland.", he said sternly.

"You cannot hurt me!", I was in a fit of rage as I pushed him, that did definitely trigger him. He clasped my hand tightly and this time pinned me to the wall.

Damn!
I thought as I felt my heart beating wildly. Both of hands were pinned to the wall, his grip was on the glass bangles on my left hands, now which started to break one by one.

"Ouch!", I said as the glass pierced my skin.
"Leave me.", I said struggling under his grip.

"Now that is physically hurting.", he said edging closer to my ear. I could feel his breath on my shoulder. Another bangle broke, I somehow suppressed my urge to scream in pain as tears rolled down.

"And just to inform you, honey. I have not married you because I like you.", he paused and then looked at my tear smitten face, "I have an old dealing with you that I have to clear."

"What dealing? I don't even know you..", my voice was weak and pained.

"You don't know me, but I do.", he said looking at me hatefully, "I have an old revenge to take."

.....

Don't forget to drop in your views.

DISCLAIMER : THIS BOOK DOES NOT INTENT TO PROMOTE PHYSICAL VIOLENCE IN ANY FORM.